Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

qfboy

Re: Service I have encountered at different tackle stores!

Post by qfboy » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:21 pm

You don't take time to have a chat? Not talking about the kids at bcf. The guy's at a local tackle shop are full of tips and great advice

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Ive had a bit to do with CA box hill and can recommend the boys there, theyre awesome and really know their stuff!!!!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Drifta-X

Post by Drifta-X » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:30 pm

qfboy wrote:You don't take time to have a chat? Not talking about the kids at bcf. The guy's at a local tackle shop are full of tips and great advice
Na not really.
Got a good mate in fishing dept at anaconda that I chat with.
And the other place I buy from I get wholesale and he usually to busy to chat.

baxterbruce

Post by baxterbruce » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:00 am

I have been to BCF in Ballarat a few times and found them very good. Salespeople walking around and asking if you are ok and pointing you in the right direction. I notice they always have a board out the front telling people of where the fish are being caught abd water levels. :gone:

seephil
Has liked: 37 times

Post by seephil » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:50 pm

ANACONDA Springvale has some arrogant guys!

Sorry but this is a bit of a rant, however i was utter disgusted by how i was treated earlier today. I purchased a 6-8kg Quickfire Nano (supposedly "exclusive" to Anaconda) from them at the end of last year, and it recently snapped while fishing. It was not snagged nor was i onto a a snapper larger than 3-4kg. It snapped in between the 3rd and 4th guides.
So i took it back to see if i could exchange or get a refund so i can get a terez from CA. Boy was i shocked by this NOT so gentleman's response. I was guessing because they were busy he didn't give 2 F's regarding my faulty rod.

Firstly i was nice and told him what happened, he then told me it's not a snapper rod and basically made me feel like i don't know how to fish or don't know how rods work. I pointed out to him, its a 6-8kg rod and his reply was "you do not need to point that out to me".

Of course i was quite shocked to see his response. I felt humiliated and disgusted by his service. Personally i've been in the retail industry for over 8 years, and never come across someone like him. He then said, i have to send it in so they can send it to Shimano with a 4-6 week turnaround for warranty claims! I was shocked because i had just sent my reel to CA Dande not less than 30 mins earlier and they said 10-14 days, NOT 4-6 weeks.

The blokes at CA definitely have better service and know what they're talking about. :a_goodjob:

Anyhow, i will be giving them a chance and call tomorrow to speak to the manager. Depending on their response, i might chuck my Adventure Club member on the BBQ... :angry:

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:02 pm

Ur local tackle store is where ur money should b going!! Aussie angler in greensborough is great for knowledge and service!! My mrs even went in there for my bday present n they cared more for what she wanted than what she wanted to pay!!

Also boronia tackle store on Dorset road I rate highly the blokes in there are great folk always offering advice pointing me in the right direction of local spots and happy to have a yarn about where they fish n what techniques work for them! Big ups to both these stores!! On ya fellas!!

I don't care for Rays outdoors or bcf while some employees may know there stuff they all want u to buy there top dollar items I had a guy at bcf tell me to buy the 60 buck braid n then said the 20 buck Kato braid will work just as good but he suggests the higher priced item, commissions maybe, either way u should support ur local stores imo not the corporate chain giants
If I'm not fishing, I'd rather be fishing!

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:04 pm

seephil wrote:ANACONDA Springvale has some arrogant guys!

Sorry but this is a bit of a rant, however i was utter disgusted by how i was treated earlier today. I purchased a 6-8kg Quickfire Nano (supposedly "exclusive" to Anaconda) from them at the end of last year, and it recently snapped while fishing. It was not snagged nor was i onto a a snapper larger than 3-4kg. It snapped in between the 3rd and 4th guides.
So i took it back to see if i could exchange or get a refund so i can get a terez from CA. Boy was i shocked by this NOT so gentleman's response. I was guessing because they were busy he didn't give 2 F's regarding my faulty rod.

Firstly i was nice and told him what happened, he then told me it's not a snapper rod and basically made me feel like i don't know how to fish or don't know how rods work. I pointed out to him, its a 6-8kg rod and his reply was "you do not need to point that out to me".

Of course i was quite shocked to see his response. I felt humiliated and disgusted by his service. Personally i've been in the retail industry for over 8 years, and never come across someone like him. He then said, i have to send it in so they can send it to Shimano with a 4-6 week turnaround for warranty claims! I was shocked because i had just sent my reel to CA Dande not less than 30 mins earlier and they said 10-14 days, NOT 4-6 weeks.

The blokes at CA definitely have better service and know what they're talking about. :a_goodjob:

Anyhow, i will be giving them a chance and call tomorrow to speak to the manager. Depending on their response, i might chuck my Adventure Club member on the BBQ... :angry:
That is why you go to tackle shops and not big box department stores. Those quick fires are a rebadged catana nano xg with a massive typical Anaconda markup . You ended up paying an extra $30 or so for a different label and **** service

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:08 pm

BIG GAV wrote:Ur local tackle store is where ur money should b going!! Aussie angler in greensborough is great for knowledge and service!! My mrs even went in there for my bday present n they cared more for what she wanted than what she wanted to pay!!

Also boronia tackle store on Dorset road I rate highly the blokes in there are great folk always offering advice pointing me in the right direction of local spots and happy to have a yarn about where they fish n what techniques work for them! Big ups to both these stores!! On ya fellas!!

I don't care for Rays outdoors or bcf while some employees may know there stuff they all want u to buy there top dollar items I had a guy at bcf tell me to buy the 60 buck braid n then said the 20 buck Kato braid will work just as good but he suggests the higher priced item, commissions maybe, either way u should support ur local stores imo not the corporate chain giants
Aussie Angler is a brilliant store, especially for the fly guys. It's a proper tackle store how one should be.

Kato is bcfs own brand. Cheap Chinese ****. I'd rather spool up with dental floss than that braid. His $60 (whatever it was) recommendation was probably because he knows their own brand is ****

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:14 pm

You learn something new everyday I guess but Ye I much prefer ur local shop n Aussie angler is my local there fly section is amazing! I went to big river on nye camping n they pointed me in the right direction n I got a monster brown, if they got the time advice n knowledge I got the money!

Boronia store is good too they are happy to knock some dollars off to regular customers n that's just a friendly gesture but I assure u it keeps fisherman coming back!!

The blokes there have put me onto a few local spots around that area n I've always landed a fish or two

BIG GAV

Post by BIG GAV » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm no fly fisherman but if I was I'm sure I'd get anything I needed from there!

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”