Team Megabass.

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Team Megabass.

Post by April Fool » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:05 pm

Well...sort of. The local CA tackle store has decided that they are going to be a 'pro Megabass dealer' or something like that. A bold move as far as I'm concerned but they are keen. It will be interesting to see how it goes, as in whether the market is here for the high end gear in northern Vic .

On another note, I wasn't aware that Megabass is tied in with Daiwa. My understanding is some of the Megabass baitcast reels are upgrades of Daiwa models.
Cheers
Team Megabass

Bugatti

Re: Team Megabass.

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm always keen and supportive of local business (well metaphorically from SA) so hope his venture works for him :thumbsup:

Cheers, anti-corporate Bug

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Megabass make some great bass lures and some great swimbaits, so this will be what the local guys are hoping will give them an edge!!
Yes most megabass baitcasters and spin reels start out as Daiwa and get modified by megabass to suit their lineup..
The pricing however is up there with the expensive stuff….

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:27 pm

What does "Pro Megabass Dealer" mean? Hopefully it's not at the expense of diversity.
Im not brand loyal but have found megabass make good lures. Is John Cahill the distributor?

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:27 pm
What does "Pro Megabass Dealer" mean? Hopefully it's not at the expense of diversity.
Im not brand loyal but have found megabass make good lures. Is John Cahill the distributor?
I'm pretty sure it just means they will stock/be able to get all their stuff.

Yes Ebb tackle is the distributor of Megabass. I was at the DC round of the central Vic lure casters and was speaking to the other guy who owns Ebb tackle along with John Cahill, I can't remember his name, he was fishing the comp, and he was showing me the megabass stuff and the Lew's baitcaster reels they import. Man... Bloody beautiful stuff and not as pricey as you'd think for the quality.

Cheers, Anth

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:30 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:38 pm
rb85 wrote:

Yes Ebb tackle is the distributor of Megabass. I was at the DC round of the central Vic lure casters and was speaking to the other guy who owns Ebb tackle along with John Cahill, I can't remember his name, he was fishing the comp, and he was showing me the megabass stuff and the Lew's baitcaster reels they import. Man... Bloody beautiful stuff and not as pricey as you'd think for the quality.

Cheers, Anth
How do you find the central Vic Lure casters was talking to one of their members at the boat show if I was closer I would probably get involved.

April Fool

Post by April Fool » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:35 pm

@ Rb...I am pretty sure Anth nailed it! They will carry a greater range compared to the other local tackle stores which stock a handful of Megabass lures....BCF and Trellys. And there is no way that the brand will be stocked at the expense of other brands.

@ purple....is there any Daiwa reel in particular that Megabass have upgraded that makes you drool? Let me know and I will buy it just to spite you!!!!!!

On another note, they have had the Megabass Vatalion for about a month. Their price... $45. BCF... $60!
Cheers
Team Bender

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:30 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Cheers, Anth
How do you find the central Vic Lure casters was talking to one of their members at the boat show if I was closer I would probably get involved.
Do you remember his name?

It's a great comp and well organised. Heaps of good prizes and great people all round. You should enter whichever round is near you and give it a crack one day.

Cheers, Anth

rb85

Post by rb85 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:30 pm
Sinsemilla wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Cheers, Anth
Do you remember his name?

It's a great comp and well organised. Heaps of good prizes and great people all round. You should enter whichever round is near you and give it a crack one day.

Cheers, Anth
No he was a friendly old fella. It's a little bit far for me nearest comp is Eildon 4 hour drive roughly

April Fool

Post by April Fool » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:16 am

Interesting happenings as according to Facebook, there will be 2 Megabass pro dealers here in Shepp! Another store has posted that they are the newly appointed dealers! Time will tell.
Cheers
Team Bender
The truth is out there!!!

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”