BCF Laverton Store .

ecofreak

Re: BCF Laverton Store .

Post by ecofreak » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:37 am

I would rather go to Jail than go to a BCF store! I gave em a chance when they started in VIC got ignored by all staff at 3 stores and on the occasion that I did need something it was only hooks and it took me 40 minutes from the car park into the store and out again. Worst service from any tackle retailer in Australia and from the stores I have visited outside Australia the world.
Regards Paul Carter
Gan Craft Pro Staff
http://www.egikuma.blogspot.com

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:12 am

Couln't speak more highly of Izzy at Braeside BCF. Replaced a rod guide at no cost and was helpful in every way.

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 am

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
andyk wrote:Every time I go in there I must look like a crim because I always hear security check in isle ?
Haha the same thing happens every time I go to the Laverton store, security check to section D etc. I assume it's just a recording but it did put me off when I first went there!
haha, dont stress, its only a recording .. its to deter shoplifting. The ones at BCF are pretty obvious as you guys have mentioned but other retail outlets are better implemented.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:56 am

Very few good tackle shops around these days. All the big stores with a good range typically have terrible staff.

The small stores typically have good staff but a limited range.

munky7584

Post by munky7584 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 am

I still find the small local stores best for service, and price for quality. The smaller stores take time to chat and really point u in the right direction. I myself have sometimes been sold DOWN on products.
My personal fav store is A Spinners Bait & Tackle in Boronia. The lads in there a very very helpful, take their time and genuinely point u in the right direction...And before u say i like it coz its my local, I live in Ashwood. So its a half hour drive just to get there.
Its true maybe that u spend a little more at a smaller store, but when they genuinely help u not themselves and tend to have better quality gear, imo u cant go wrong.

Rogue_Hunter

Post by Rogue_Hunter » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 am

Its always been this case; most times, you pay for personalised service.

Generally, the smaller non-franchise stores may be dearer, but have local and personal service. Their model is to sell their gear but also create a relationship with the customer. Lower volume, but higher margin.

The chain stores are there purely to sell the product quickly; lower margin but higher volume.

I tend to goto places like BCF for terminal tacke .. stuff that is consumable .. but for rods\reels etc, i goto the smaller privatly owned stores as the advice\recommendation is what your after.

You then have the internet, cheapest out of them all with NO personalisation\Service what so ever.

If we continue to purchase from the BCFs\Coles because they are cheaper ... eventually once the Chains shallow the local business, they will have no one to compete against and can name their price (especially if the goverment drop the tax free threshold down to $50)

Taleb

delete

Post by Taleb » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:12 pm

delete
Last edited by Taleb on Thu May 23, 2019 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cruiser

Post by cruiser » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Wow alot complaints from melbourne well from this end of vic in gippsland its a different story its great shop good service may be its just the friendly country people and l get cash deal on most items which l think is preety good they come to the party every time l shop hard but bcf has beaten eveilbay and tackel world etc just my opinion lm happy :D

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Last few times ive been at bcf fountain gate, they have been ok. Better service than crimebourne tackle world..
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm

ecofreak wrote:and on the occasion that I did need something it was only hooks and it took me 40 minutes from the car park into the store and out again.
I know you will be well versed with fishing tackle Paul so I thought you would be able to go in and find what you needed yourself! What made it take so long?
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”