Tony's Tackle , Quality Fishing Net's , Gaff's , Handles etc

Fish-Hunter

Tony's Tackle , Quality Fishing Net's , Gaff's , Handles etc

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:52 pm

I just want to give a plug for Tony's Tackle , i was fishing on a pier approx a year ago & needed a pier net . A bloke fishing there had the best pier Net i ever seen & i asked were did you get it from & he said "Tony's Tackle" , i googled the name & contacted Tony & ordered my pier net .
The quality is 'A'grade , the prices are comparable to other quality products , but the build & finish of his Nets , Handles , Gaff's etc is simply top notch .

check him out , he is located @ 'Lara' & makes products on demand . :thumbsup:

http://www.tonystackle.com.au

Postal Address:
Tony's Tackle
PO Box 66
Lara, Victoria, 3212
Australia

Phone:
0411 799 825

Email:
sales@tonystackle.com.au

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Tony's Tackle , Quality Fishing Net's , Gaff's , Handles

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:46 pm

I guess the prices mean quality. :-)

I got my gaff from eBay but they alao sell it here. http://www.thecoverguys.com.au/Yellowta ... ters-.html for $33 delivered, I was stoked with the quality. Removable hook (screw type), telescopic, qood quality aluminum handle. I am satisfied with what I bought. Bring on the fish! :haha2:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:56 pm

^^
Yes mate , you get what you pay for with Tony's Tackle . Top quality products that will last a lifetime of fishing , worth every penny IMO . :)

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:24 pm

MIKER wrote:^^
Yes mate , you get what you pay for with Tony's Tackle . Top quality products that will last a lifetime of fishing , worth every penny IMO . :)

Unfortunetly,
when it comes to salt water fishing.... NOTHING last a lifetime... Nothing... yes good quality stuff will last longer(most times) but they will still stuff up sooner or later! Salt water enviroment is harsh, even on stuff that doesnt get wet! Just the salt in the air will start to effect your equipment! Sometimes it is better to get the cheaper stuff and just keep throwing it away every few seasons and get a new one...
Some things its better to buy quality.... Just got to decide which is which... Just remember Nothing will last in salt enviroment!

Good example is Pliers.... Ive had that many pliers i could open a bloody hardware store! From cheap $1 ones to $180 ones :wall: and guess what, eventually they ALL rust(I dont care how its made or if its the new wiz bang made in mars type off matrial, ive tried them all)! So now I get cheap $5 ones and just keep spraying rust spray on em and throw them out every so often and get another one...

Dr Drift...
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:29 pm

Doc, any plans to bin your boat soon? :roflmao: I'll collect it from the nature strip if needed.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 am

Fish-cador wrote:Doc, any plans to bin your boat soon? :roflmao: I'll collect it from the nature strip if needed.
Yeh i'll help collect the boat with you FC , i guess the saltwater has rendered Dr Drift's Haines useless by now . :lol:

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:12 am

Yeh agree with Dr Drift 90% , but my Net & Handles etc from Tony's tackle are built using marine grade Alloy & i can tell you a quick hose down with fresh water after use & this gear will last ages . Instead of buying every couple of years new stuff , i rather use top notch gear that will pay's its self off with time not having to replace it often "IMHO" . :)

Bartnmax

Post by Bartnmax » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Yep, I've been using a number of items made by Tony for several years now & can definitely say they are top class. I have;
Several handles, 2 net heads (large/small), flying gaff, large fixed gaff head,small fixed gaff head, tail rope kit (for sharks), dispatch blade (also for sharks - or nosey seals), flounder spear head, gear bag, 2 boat hooks, mussell rake head (which I can no longer use - Grrrr) and probably a few more that I've forgotten.

The beauty of Tony's stuff, apart from the obvious quality, is that it is all 'mix & match' componentry.
I can put the big net head on the short handle, the large gaff ont eh medium handle, boat hook on the long handle, etc, etc, etc. You can pretty well tailer the gear to suit whatever conditions you're facing.
You can even screw several handles together for pier/rock use, etc.
Tony will also mke custom items for you if you want.
Top grade materials & excellent workmanship.

Great guy, great gear, reasonable prices, great service, etc
Cant ask much more than that.

Bill.

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:53 pm

Bartnmax. You are 100% right. Tonys tackle gear is second to none. I too have many items made by him and they all have been great. Not sure if I agree with getting the cheap online products and throwing them out when they stuff up (which probably won't be long). When you get onto a great fish, the last thing I want is for the gear to fail. All to save a few bucks.
Cheers
The Tube

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Dr Drift wrote:
MIKER wrote:^^

Unfortunetly,
when it comes to salt water fishing.... NOTHING last a lifetime... Nothing... yes good quality stuff will last longer(most times) but they will still stuff up sooner or later! Salt water enviroment is harsh, even on stuff that doesnt get wet! Just the salt in the air will start to effect your equipment! Sometimes it is better to get the cheaper stuff and just keep throwing it away every few seasons and get a new one...
Some things its better to buy quality.... Just got to decide which is which... Just remember Nothing will last in salt enviroment!

Good example is Pliers.... Ive had that many pliers i could open a bloody hardware store! From cheap $1 ones to $180 ones :wall: and guess what, eventually they ALL rust(I dont care how its made or if its the new wiz bang made in mars type off matrial, ive tried them all)! So now I get cheap $5 ones and just keep spraying rust spray on em and throw them out every so often and get another one...

Dr Drift...
agree....my pliers last abt 6 weeks in the nt

now I just buy a 5.99 pair from supercheap for each trip

the saltwater kills everything over time

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Tackle Store Reviews”