Let the 2014/15 snapper season begin!!

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Let the 2014/15 snapper season begin!!

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:47 am

slinga wrote:More like it never stopped!!!
this is more the point the whole top end of WP has produced good fish right though for those keen to fish
CarlG wrote: We were getting between 13.8 and 14.1..the warmer temprature in shallower water..
this was the temp range at Coronet bay yesterday so the water temp is on the rise

I know quite a few that have been marking up fish but of cause finding them on the chew has been a different matter
with the temps rising it wont be long for a full on feeding frenzy
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Unfortunately not a great deal to report. Had a few drifts for squid on the way out, but the water was quite dirty, so could only rustle up the one. Gave up on the squid and punched out to my spot and got a good burley trail going. Things were feeling good. The sun began to dip over the horizon. The high tide change came and went, but not a touch. By 10:30pm I still hadn't lost a bait or even had a bite, so decided to call it quits. Nevermind, it was a nice evening and was great just being out on the water again.

andyk

Post by andyk » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:51 pm

Where have u been redhunter ?????

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:43 pm

andyk wrote:Where have u been redhunter ?????
Gday mate! It's fair to say I've been thrown a few hurdles this year so-to-speak, and haven't been out and about nearly as much as I've wanted to lately. I'm looking forward to making a few changes in that department though, so you'll probably be hearing a bit more from me in the future.
It would have been a nice weekend on the lake mate. Were ya lucky enough to get out for a troll?

Return to “Snapper Fishing”