dazz999 wrote:
bowl wrote:My list.
New prop.
Boat service.
Electrics fixed.
Grease besrings
Catch n seal vac,gars,mullet,squids,mackerakll,trevally,yakka
how well do you do with the gars and mullet as bait
Caught plenty of Snapper on mullet head.
thanks why only the mullet head

Sinsemilla

Re: Pre-Season Snapper Preperation

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
repspec wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Great advice....can I ask what I should do before I start up an old 2 stroke motorbike that's been sitting for a couple of years?
drain any fuel out of it, new plug/s fresh fuel...may (probably will) need carby rebuild...so expect that.
Would you bother replacing gearbox oil & brake fluid?
I'd change it all. Gearbox oil, Brake fluid, clean air filter, change plug, drain fuel and put new fuel in. If it doesn't run right you might need to take the carby apart and clean it out. You'll know this buy draining it from the fuel bowl. If it looks gunky then it needs a clean out. What bike have you got?
I've got a '76 model Yamaha RD400...It's a nice bike, but it doesn't get ridden enough & garage space is getting tight (I'm thinking about selling it, but it seems to be the only thing I own that isn't going down in value!)
That's a nice bike! If you ever think of selling it let me know. I'd love a little side project

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:37 pm

Does anyone change there anchor rope periodically

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:00 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
repspec wrote:
drain any fuel out of it, new plug/s fresh fuel...may (probably will) need carby rebuild...so expect that.
Would you bother replacing gearbox oil & brake fluid?
I'd change it all. Gearbox oil, Brake fluid, clean air filter, change plug, drain fuel and put new fuel in. If it doesn't run right you might need to take the carby apart and clean it out. You'll know this buy draining it from the fuel bowl. If it looks gunky then it needs a clean out. What bike have you got?
I've got a '76 model Yamaha RD400...It's a nice bike, but it doesn't get ridden enough & garage space is getting tight (I'm thinking about selling it, but it seems to be the only thing I own that isn't going down in value!)
That's a nice bike! If you ever think of selling it let me know. I'd love a little side project
Will do (it's 100% original so you have to promise not to butcher it into a cafe racer!)

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 pm

Mattblack wrote:Will do (it's 100% original so you have to promise not to butcher it into a cafe racer!)
You have my word! At least for the first 6 months :P

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 25, 2019 4:22 am

Mattblack wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 am

I absolutely love snapper season

It is something about Snapper that brings out the best in some people and the worst in others.

My Snapper Buddies are Don and/or the Brother in-law. I just love all the fun and excitement the Season brings AND that is not about "reeling in the fish".

Here are some texts that the Brother in-law and I had to the lead up , , , ,

Text 1.PNG
Text 2.PNG

And love the catch up with the regulars (who aren't on a rushed mission) and having a laugh

10.PNG

Cheers, The Bug

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:40 am

The snapper season certainly does bring a lot of excitement. Myself and a group of my kayaking buddies are all in a “whatsapp” chat group that can go quiet for weeks at a time through the winter, but as the weather warms up and grand final day gets closer the group starts to buzz to life with goals, theories, strategies, comradeship and healthy banter. That’s what makes snapper season enjoyable for me

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun May 26, 2019 1:13 am

Tim399 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:40 am

The snapper season certainly does bring a lot of excitement.

The group starts to buzz to life with goals, theories, strategies, comradeship and healthy banter. That’s what makes snapper season enjoyable for me
Yes, yes totally agree Tim. Going on this forum too, it's the largest chapter with the most topics of any specie. Love the lead up, all the hype, the chat , , , , love all the theories , , , , some even pan out to be something.

I've met some top blokes through Snapper Fishing. Met a nice bloke Bruce and also Ken. Funny story how I met Ken. I was in the wash area chatting with all and sundry. Come up to a bloke (Ken) and started chatting (as Bugattis do). He seemed a bit reluctant , , , , I said , , , ,

"all good bud, if you don't want to chat"

he replied , , , , "nah, it's just I'm not used to people talking to me here"

I said "really"

He replied "yeah, I think it's because I'm Asian"

Quick as, I said , , , , "nah, I think it's because you're like me , , , , ugly"

And that was the start of the Bromance :)

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sun May 26, 2019 9:07 am

I don't start pre tying rigs etc till july/august,i do a bit of bait gathering/vac seal (a lot of squid heads this time of year) and earn brownie points by doing house maintenance and treating the missus to lits if dinners/lunches etc because when snapper season starts she becomes a snapper widow for about 4 months lol

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sun May 26, 2019 9:12 am

Which area do you usually set out from for the snapper Buggati,if i ser u i will say hi ?

Return to “Snapper Fishing”