snapper

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: snapper

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:damn fc that sucks mate. wheres a good place for catching bream i been wanting to try my luck on some as i havent caught any bream since i moved to australia
that sucked big time! could have been PB to me on light gear - 6.6ft spin rod, 2500 reel, 10 lb line. Well they say if you touch the leader, the fish is considered caught. I did better than just touching the leader, I touched the fish and not just ""touched"". I held its tail for a sec or 2. I consider it as caught. :angry: :Dribble: Unexpected C&R :bat: :roflmao:

You can catch good bream except from where I tried today as that place looks like a nursery. :x

Try Docklands - Victoria Harbour or the floating pontoon under Bolte Bridge. Sept/Oct is prime bream fishing in Docklands area.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:45 pm

I cant be there tomorrow night maybe another time.

PS is the chicken raw or cooked.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:54 pm

frozenpod wrote:I cant be there tomorrow night maybe another time.

PS is the chicken raw or cooked.
Raw mate.

Cook it crispy and spicy and invite us to the pier. I will bring the drinks. :cheers:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 pm

lmfao will have to check out docklands one day i guess. fc you should come try your luck for the snapper tomorrow.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:46 pm

surely will Tomcat but not in Mordi. That place will be full. I know a place that's been giving big ones in the last few nights courtesy of the trusted source who showed me the pictures of his catch. He got an 8 kg specimen last night.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

hskim00

Post by hskim00 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:12 am

Fish-cador wrote:speaking of snapper, now I know how the guy felt when he lost a big one a few days ago when I landed mine. That felt bad!

The story behind it - I was chasing bream this afternoon using light spin rods (6.6 ft) and 2500 sized reels, 10lb leader, size 2 hooks. BIG MISTAKE! My fingers were not long enough to hold the fish properly and as soon as I tried to tighten my grip, the fish went nuts and the 10 lbs line rubbed on the rock. :wall: :wall: :wall: :snap: :snap: :snap: :snap: Easy 5 - 6 kg fish! :wall:
!

That would have hurt you a lot FC. One of the rods I was using and hooked up a 38cm pinky on a couple of days ago was pretty similar to yours; 6.6ft and 2500 size reel, 8lb main line and 12lb leader and a size 1 hook with a pilchard cut baited on. Of course, I wasn't after big reds with this set up. Anyway, although mine was not as big as the one you unfortunately failed to land, I was still struggling to bring the pinky onto the ground with that light set up, especially on rocky bottom areas. :r Well, I was lucky that the hook got stuck deep in the fish's throat so it couldn't escape easily.

I am sure that at least you would have felt sensational battling movements from that biggy with your light outfit. :clap:

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:39 am

nope its grand final weekend so it shouldnt be too bad for crowds at least i hope its not going to be bad and with the rough cold weather it might scare off a few more.

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:25 am

Fish-cador wrote:surely will Tomcat but not in Mordi. That place will be full. I know a place that's been giving big ones in the last few nights courtesy of the trusted source who showed me the pictures of his catch. He got an 8 kg specimen last night.
Pm me and ill bring u some cooked spicy chicken. :D
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:nope its grand final weekend so it shouldnt be too bad for crowds at least i hope its not going to be bad and with the rough cold weather it might scare off a few more.
that is the problem. there are thousands other anglers thinking the same way as you do and they will all converge in Mordi. :roflmao:

I will stay on my patch of real estate tonight. Will be making sinkers after this.

Good luck and let us know how Mordi will go.
====
Words of wisdom:
====

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Tomcat1 wrote:nope its grand final weekend so it shouldnt be too bad for crowds at least i hope its not going to be bad and with the rough cold weather it might scare off a few more.
that is the problem. there are thousands other anglers thinking the same way as you do and they will all converge in Mordi. :roflmao:

I will stay on my patch of real estate tonight. Will be making sinkers after this.

Good luck and let us know how Mordi will go.
Had a look at Frankston pier and there was one lone angler on it. :cold: :r

Return to “Snapper Fishing”