Late Season Snapper

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
TheGreatestGoat

Late Season Snapper

Post by TheGreatestGoat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:54 pm

So it's the time of the year where the whiting and kingies fire up and everyone forgets the snapper but I'm still keen to add a couple of the reds to the account. Didn't have much luck earlier on, and keen to make amends. Heard a few reports that there are still a few around.

Where are the best areas to focus on in PPB from now through till easter? Better off heading out wide where the water temp is a bit cooler?

Cheers

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Late Season Snapper

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:31 pm

2-3 weeks ago I had a couple of attempts out from Frankston at about the 19m-20m line for donoughts. In the last week though multiple reports have come through Mt Martha, Frankston, Morning, Altone and Werribee from 10-20m.

I'd definitely only be anchoring up if I marked them up proper. I'd even consider drifting to cover more ground....

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Late Season Snapper

Post by FishnMiss » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:38 pm

Headed out on Saturday just past the Mussel farm in the yak. Slow going with heaps of small pinkies & small flatties with the odd Banjo & PJ in the mix. The return trip at 18Kt winds was annoying but no problem :-D
Went home with 5 flatties & 1 Pinky. All fish were consumed later with Beer batter & were delicious:-)
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

Return to “Snapper Fishing”