A night to remember, Land based Snapper on Squid gear.

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: A night to remember, Land based Snapper on Squid gear.

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:06 am

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:There’s still plenty of fish to be caught even in the colder conditions mate :thumbsup:

Yeah no idea why people think otherwise.. so far I’ve caught better quality fish the last few months than in season
You are catching them like it’s peak season :rofl:

Hahaha, well... hopefully peak season is even better than this when it comes around
Mate if you are doing this well now I don’t want to know how many you are going to get during peak season :rofl: but then again you will probably be using the boat? Every year at the start of the new season I always try and land a nice lb one first before I start taking the boat out. I just love he feeling of landing a big one from the land as well :)

Would be doing both. Fish the rough days land based the good days boat. Going to be focusing my efforts early season

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Yeah no idea why people think otherwise.. so far I’ve caught better quality fish the last few months than in season
You are catching them like it’s peak season :rofl:

Hahaha, well... hopefully peak season is even better than this when it comes around
Mate if you are doing this well now I don’t want to know how many you are going to get during peak season :rofl: but then again you will probably be using the boat? Every year at the start of the new season I always try and land a nice lb one first before I start taking the boat out. I just love he feeling of landing a big one from the land as well :)

Would be doing both. Fish the rough days land based the good days boat. Going to be focusing my efforts early season
I usually start getting pumped as early as mid August!
I have a mate who goes into hibernation during the winter months but as soon as August comes around he’s right into it :rofl: how early are you thinking of starting?

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: You are catching them like it’s peak season :rofl:

I have a mate who goes into hibernation during the winter months but as soon as August comes around he’s right into it :rofl: how early are you thinking of starting?
Yeah aug/sep!
I plan to target Mulloway until then when my boat is back.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 29, 2018 1:36 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Yeah aug/sep!
I plan to target Mulloway until then when my boat is back.
The way you are going you will most likely have that ticked off your list too before long :thumbsup:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue May 29, 2018 3:10 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:There’s still plenty of fish to be caught even in the colder conditions mate :thumbsup:

Snapper season is in winter.

Pinkies come in October-march generally.

Still get the snapper in that period too though
Oh I meant the wind conditions were stopping me. I can endure the cold. Not the wind however.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:48 pm

Kimtown wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Snapper season is in winter.

Pinkies come in October-march generally.

Still get the snapper in that period too though
Oh I meant the wind conditions were stopping me. I can endure the cold. Not the wind however.
Snapper season is not winter. Its September & November, with a large portion leaving the bays late December. A remaining portion stay in the bay until winter and as that water temperature drops back down the remanding groups of snapper start feeding again, whilst having a second spawning run.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 29, 2018 4:58 pm

Yea I don’t really target snaps in winter. Usually busy catching my salmons and gars for a feed and bait :thumbsup:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed May 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Great stuff on rd1 and 2 when is your boat back in action.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:02 pm

rb85 wrote:Great stuff on rd1 and 2 when is your boat back in action.
Cheers mate. Week and a half and I’m back out there

Return to “Snapper Fishing”