8 Snapper in 90 minutes!! INSANE HOT BITE

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

8 Snapper in 90 minutes!! INSANE HOT BITE

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:19 am

G'day guys.

This would have to be my best report yet, truly a special moment for me anyway.

I headed out Tuesday with the same plan as Sunday. Catch some Squid, and go setup for Snapper on the same mark i found Sunday that produced 2 quality fish and many opportunities.

Tyabb bank was on, with 6 squid to my name almost instantly. I motored to my newfound mark in the north arm and setup with the expectation that the same thing was going to happen late into the tide. Same conditions, nice south wind, same tide... and crazy amounts of activity.

Smashed some Couta and yakkas during slack, then first 20 minutes of tide flow this nice 4.5kg gummy came along. Good start :banana:
The weed wasnt pleasant once the tide was humming, but i continued to work through. As soon as the tide started slowing, ZZZZZZZZZ. First buckle and run! As i was fighting the fish my second rod buckle ZZZZZZ! Double buckle! I got the first one in, then quickly grabbed the second one. one 4kg fish and a 5kg fish in the boat so far! 10 minutes later ZZZZZZZZZ, huge runs! and it spat bait. Spewing. Another 10 or so minutes later, double buckle again!! all the same size class!, another buckle, another buckle, another buckle & another buckle!!!!! How crazy is this! Estimated all fish between 4kg - 5kg.
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-ZvOl8OgERnlBNyxk.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-uesHHJKqBUQT3.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-hxClgO2stJY.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-ujPLYrWRuxb0u.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-sbkNqW8KEji.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-pVnllmWVuxM1.jpg
Weighed in the three i kept at 5kg, 5kg & 4kg. Honestly cant believe this session, something i won't forget in a hurry thats for sure. Two other boats watching me pull em in from a distance! I twas hard to get photos being by myself and the action so HOT! If you want to checkout the live footage of it happening head to my INSTAGRAM: Sammytripsfishing - I've put it on my story highlights on my profile. :a_goodjob:

But wait... the report doesnt end there. With the action RED HOT i couldn't think of a reason not to go again yesterday.... same wind... same tide... same barometer ....
Took out a close friend who has never caught a snapper before. We worked hard for the squid early on, with my mate losing two but you learn from your mistakes and he was just happy to be out! We went for some whiting, they didn't play ball, but luckily i had 2 squid follow up some salmon to the boat :rofl:

With that being the game changer, i convinced him that we were going to nail some reds today. Anchored on the mark, the baitfish again went crazy in the tide change! first 10 minutes of flow, a big seven giller! same same same. I knew from the outset we had to wait. As the tide slowed up again, we had some pinkies arrive, my mate had a ball with them. As the water became even slower, bang! zzzzzzzzz, we were on. I made sure he was hooked and passed him over to my buddy. He was in awe and absolutrly stoked. Not a big one first up, 2.4kg, but big enough for him! 10 minutes later.. ZZZZZ a bigger run, i passed him the rod and he was on again! then.... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Huge runs from another rod, buckled in the holder there was so much pressure i couldnt get it out!! We had a double hook up AGAIN! I was fighting my fish, winding in another rod and also netting hes fish... talk about multi tasking hey? A nice 3.1kg red for him.. over the moon. But i wanted to know where all the 5's had gone... and my question was answered with a lovely 5kg fish. This season has been unbelievable for me, my tally sits at 18 Snapper so far, i only caught 3 in my first season last year. :banana:
imgonline-com-ua-Compressed-TmqmJ2uPDDJ.jpg
Last edited by STriplett1997 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: 8 Snapper in 90 minutes!! INSANE HOT BITE

Post by purple5ive » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:26 am

While we are all sitting here trolling each other, your out doing yourself proud..
well done, keep them coming.. we actually need some fishing reports here for once.
Cheers

Duffman

Post by Duffman » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am

You da man! :notworthy:

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am

lovely work Sam! Cant wait for the weekend .
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:58 am

purple5ive wrote:While we are all sitting here trolling each other, your out doing yourself proud..
well done, keep them coming.. we actually need some fishing reports here for once.
Cheers
Thanks mate, appreciate it heaps. Hopefully i keep em comin :thumbsup:

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:59 am

Duffman wrote:You da man! :notworthy:
:a_goodjob: :a_goodjob:

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:59 am

smokin_reels wrote:lovely work Sam! Cant wait for the weekend .
Thanks buddy! as you should be, fishings awesome atm

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:05 am

Boy are you kicking ass Sam,
Well done
Cheers Gra

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:22 am

Far out mate!!!
Youre the snapper slayer for sure now Sam! How far you have come is truly amazing in such a short amount of time. You really know your stuff now mate. It surely is one of those special sessions you won’t be forgetting anytime soon. A truly memorable session you will be talking about for years to come.
Well done champ.
TOP report and pics. Love your work!
Cheers :thumbsup: :a_goodjob:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:25 am

Awesome effort as per usual mate
purple5ive wrote:While we are all sitting here trolling each other, your out doing yourself proud..
Cheers
Hey! I still managed to get a few fish whilst trolling. Some of us can multi task!

Return to “Snapper Fishing”