Yahoo

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Yahoo

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Huntnfish wrote:In your post it says 2 people fishing and your last picture has 8 snapper well over 40cm
Snapper - Maximum 3 fish may be 40cm or over :down:
At no point did i say there were two of us. Plaease read what i wrote properly.

All photos are from different trips.

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:39 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Finally managed to get on the score board. Between two of us we got a dozen today and had the boat home before the rain hit.

Photos to come later
Example "A"

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Nov 15th launched at the Patto, in my cousins 20' bertie, and headed to Ricketts Point. My cousin is not one for travelling around using the sounder to find fish, as far as he is concerned go to a mark, and sit on it.

So roughly half way between Ricketts and Black rock, we drop anchor in lumpy conditions and as nothing was happening I decided to catch 40 winks in the cabin. I woke up as they were discussing about moving, then one rod went off.

I managed to squirrel my way to what turned to be the most advantageous position on the port side, all the fish were caught on the port side, the rods on the starboard side didn't even get a touch. We ended up with 13 snapper and run out of bait.

On the way back the engine it the bertie was making a bearing noise, like a wheel bearing going, according to the skipper, there is a bearing that holds the universal shaft steady, so that got put on the to do list.

All snapper were caught on pilchards, some pilchards had a very strong odour to them and didn't seem to put the fish off. The rigs were a combination of octopus circle 5/0 and 6/0, weighted with a small ball sinker or unweighted
Some 2 hook rigs were snelled and others the second hook floated free.
Snapped didn't seem to mind either, there were a few missed hook ups
Example "B"
At NO point did you mention any other people just because your a mod dosen't mean you can't be pulled up for doing the wrong thing OK!!!

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Huntnfish wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:Nov 15th launched at the Patto, in my cousins 20' bertie, and headed to Ricketts Point. My cousin is not one for travelling around using the sounder to find fish, as far as he is concerned go to a mark, and sit on it.

So roughly half way between Ricketts and Black rock, we drop anchor in lumpy conditions and as nothing was happening I decided to catch 40 winks in the cabin. I woke up as they were discussing about moving, then one rod went off.

I managed to squirrel my way to what turned to be the most advantageous position on the port side, all the fish were caught on the port side, the rods on the starboard side didn't even get a touch. We ended up with 13 snapper and run out of bait.

On the way back the engine it the bertie was making a bearing noise, like a wheel bearing going, according to the skipper, there is a bearing that holds the universal shaft steady, so that got put on the to do list.

All snapper were caught on pilchards, some pilchards had a very strong odour to them and didn't seem to put the fish off. The rigs were a combination of octopus circle 5/0 and 6/0, weighted with a small ball sinker or unweighted
Some 2 hook rigs were snelled and others the second hook floated free.
Snapped didn't seem to mind either, there were a few missed hook ups
Example "B"
At NO point did you mention any other people just because your a mod dosen't mean you can't be pulled up for doing the wrong thing OK!!!
I decided to catch 40 winks in the cabin. I woke up as they were discussing about moving, then one rod went off.

Note Huntnfish , I woke as they were discussing.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:46 pm

Huntnfish wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:Finally managed to get on the score board. Between two of us we got a dozen today and had the boat home before the rain hit.

Photos to come later
Example "A"
If you bother to notice all photos are different and you didn;t know which one I was referring too.

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:50 pm

Your a smartarse giving me a warning on the PM be a man and put it out for everyone to see

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:53 pm

Huntnfish wrote:Your a smartarse giving me a warning on the PM be a man and put it out for everyone to see
I have only just put the photos up just now and you are on my case about not obeying the rules. So who is the smart arse? I havent even had time to edit as I was going to put the photos' in sequence to the story.

Huntnfish

Post by Huntnfish » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:54 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Huntnfish wrote:Your a smartarse giving me a warning on the PM be a man and put it out for everyone to see
I have only just put the photos up just now and you are on my case about not obeying the rules. So who is the smart arse?
Questioning or are you above the law and don't have to answer?

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Huntnfish wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:
I have only just put the photos up just now and you are on my case about not obeying the rules. So who is the smart arse?
Questioning or are you above the law and don't have to answer?
Mate what is your problem???

I always obey the rules to catch limits and size.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:02 pm

Well there is another example off power going to a mods head again.

Its probably time to retire wholly bigger.

Alot off people are pretty much over your attitude.

Dont bother sending me any PMS eithier .

Bm

Return to “Snapper Fishing”