Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Do wave direction effect snapper ?

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:30 pm

Just give it a crack Jase :)
Don’t over think it too much mate.
Some of my best sessions have been when I haven’t checked anything and just gone fishing :wt:
Cheers :tu:

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Jason bro, you can have a tornado in that channel blowing wind in all directions and it won't even matter one bit. Redhunter is spot on with his explanation but if your handlining in the channel with a coke bottle your chances are pretty slim to bugger all as everyone that has landed them were all launching thier bait out with 14 footers outfit putting their bait right in the center of the channel. However it doesn't hurt to try, wish you the best of luck.
:tu:

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:57 pm

Kenle wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:52 pm
Jason bro, you can have a tornado in that channel blowing wind in all directions and it won't even matter one bit. Redhunter is spot on with his explanation but if your handlining in the channel with a coke bottle your chances are pretty slim to bugger all as everyone that has landed them were all launching thier bait out with 14 footers outfit putting their bait right in the center of the channel. However it doesn't hurt to try, wish you the best of luck.
:tu:
What you think good old pilchard, on the rod full pilchard, handline is pilchard cube

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:08 pm

Jason, that depends on your hook size how you want to present your bait. I like to use whole Pilly on double 4/0 gama hooks or half Pilly on single 4/0. As for cubes I am lost for words????? Will you be adding a pencil float to that rig? Anyways, hope you figure it out mate and land something.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:15 pm

Just get cured Jason

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Kenle wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:08 pm
Jason, that depends on your hook size how you want to present your bait. I like to use whole Pilly on double 4/0 gama hooks or half Pilly on single 4/0. As for cubes I am lost for words????? Will you be adding a pencil float to that rig? Anyways, hope you figure it out mate and land something.
I know, I'm not confident about everything.

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:21 pm

I wouldn't wait for the stars to align for a session jase, i've said this a lot, you really just have the make the trips if you want to catch a red. Even if the wind, tides, moon phase or whatever isn't in your favour, you just gotta make the trip because chances are there are still fish around to be caught. a 5.6kg red got caught at the north end of ppb this morning so I reckon your prospects are good.

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:27 pm

on the rod pulley rig double snatcher 3/0 gama circle hook the first hook is on the pilchard on head pointing to the tail and second on the body pointing to the tail, while on handline is running sinker rig , size 1 hook gama circle for pinkie snatcher. Why I'm tell all this, I know everything about snapper how to present the bait and weather, I just need to believe in myself or I'm too excite about how is all in my favour can't wait to win grand report completion prize :) fishing with rab85 on the boat or some prize from bowl :-D , just too excite I guess. :tu:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:33 pm

Excited is good Jase but you got to soak those baits mate.
I was out last night and got some nice pinkies once again In the high 30s, a monster PJ and a short head worm eel lol. I’m trying buddy but still no mega red :P

Jasonfish1234

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:38 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:33 pm
Excited is good Jase but you got to soak those baits mate.
I was out last night and got some nice pinkies once again In the high 30s, a monster PJ and a short head worm eel lol. I’m trying buddy but still no mega red :P
William town is a hotspot right now, a snapper just being caught 68cm.

Return to “Snapper Fishing”