Whoop Whoop - Finally got that LB Big Red!!!

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Whoop Whoop - Finally got that LB Big Red!!!

Post by Brett » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:06 pm

:Boxing: what in the hell are you trying to do with the rays, that keeps breaking your rods :twisted:
Use your shock leader to lif them by hand, once they are close enough, should save some heart ache :lolf: I'm yet to break a rod on a ray, and you have seen how I have loaded up on them :oops:

Maybe next time, I might atually make the drive lol.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:08 pm

Lost Pom wrote:Cheers boys. and yes Brett, sometimes I forget how funny you are! :grin: Tool.

Mixed emotions again last night! Managed a total of 1 snapper at 45cm, 5 mackeral (that i kept), a pike, a banjo, a port jackson, a baby brownish ray and a filthy big eagle ray which....... SNAPPED MY SERVO ROD!!! Haha - gonna have to learn to cut those buggers off - only a $40 dollar cheapo so no real stress there. Hopefully my graphite lovely gets warranty replacement though.... :bat:

Bloke next to me nailed two Snaps - one about 40cm and the other comfortably pushing 60/65cm - was a gooooood fish. Few squid around also (not that I was fishing for em) - the ones I saw wee good size hoods - 25/30cm types all caught on bait..... Mackeral everywhere, apart from the 5 I kept, I probably threw about 30 back - just drifing bits of pilchard n squid on a longshank 1/0 - too easy really. Plenty of Couta caught and Pike also....

All in all, a decent nights fishing and, if anyone is in the area, Cowes Pier after dark, is a haven at the minute - esp in close. :r

Sigh!!

Last night cast out a bait using newly spooled braid, looked up at the rod tip and saw that it was broken, so reeled it all in, and replaced the tip today.

Lost Pom

Post by Lost Pom » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:18 pm

Suppose it may be a bit different trying to fight them up a pier on low tide - height maybe makes it different from a beach? Either way - i take your point and I'll be sure to fix on a longer shock leader in future....

Bad luck Wolly - hurts doesn't it?! :angry:

Return to “Snapper Fishing”