Disappointment point

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Disappointment point

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:03 am

Decided yesterday to try some new areas, and have a change of scenery. Headed down to Jam Jerrup and Lang Lang beach. Had no intentions at that point of walking to the point that has legendry status for land based fishos.

Lang Lang beach was rather crowded, but high tide to baited the hooks and cast out. A few people I talked to reccomended that I head to Disappointment point. Well at Lang Lang no bites and the tide was rapidly going out, so rather idiotically I had the bright idea of heading to the extremely famous and legendry point.

Arrived in the dark and started the trek to the point, all excess gear was left in the car, after about 500 metres of walking on soft sand, I was starting to regret my decision to head out, following the foot prints of some other anglers, and 500 metres and I was cursing myself for being a total idiot.

Trudging about another 800 metres, I finally arrived at the Legendry Stockyard point. Some other blokes were fishing and were fishless. Basically the technique was cast out the bait, then as the tide falls move closer to the waters edge.

The wind was up, the moon hidden by the clouds, the lights of Grantville and Corinella seems to be so close, they looked to be much closer than where I had parked the car.

the other anglers packed up and left and after another half an hour and at low tide, I pulled the plug and began the slow, long trudge back to the car.

Not a single bite, so Stockyard point, is now either Heartbreak point or Point Disappointment. The only reason to go back, is to improve my physical fitness, who needs a personal trainer, when there is always Heartbreak point. :snap: :Bar:

Beno

Re: Disappointment point

Post by Beno » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:33 pm

How long has it been in dissapointment for?

Haven't been fishing there for a few years.
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:45 am

Pike wrote:How long has it been in dissapointment for?

Haven't been fishing there for a few years.

Who knows? Only been there once and that was at night.

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:11 pm

First time at this place this morning.

The walk isn't as bad as I thought(until you have to lug some heavy fish back with you)

Caught well over 20 Elephants while we were there, ranging from 1.5kg up to probably 5kg. Was great fun and great to actually catch something again.

It is how ever a long way to go for 1 fish(legal limit of Elephants) would have been nice to get a gummy as well.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:45 pm

Disappointment point all right, even more disappointing to hear about someone else doing well.

Bangg :shock:

Well done

Brett

Post by Brett » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Up early again this morning :borg:

Very slow compared to yesterday, but we still managed to catch and release around 20 albeit a lot smaller than the run yesterday.
Once again our secret bait worked a treat, and we were the only ones that caught any numbers, a lot of other fishos went home empty handed.

Might even try and get the kids down there for a fish, long walk, but will definately be worth it I think.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:15 pm

Should have seen them at low tide today, it was wall to wall anglers, almost impossible to find a car park even.

Brett

Post by Brett » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:49 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Should have seen them at low tide today, it was wall to wall anglers, almost impossible to find a car park even.
I was wondering if you would go down there :tongue: did you get anything? More to the point what in the hell were you still doing there at low tide today :whoh:

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 am

Brett wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:Should have seen them at low tide today, it was wall to wall anglers, almost impossible to find a car park even.
I was wondering if you would go down there :tongue: did you get anything? More to the point what in the hell were you still doing there at low tide today :whoh:

Only showed the kids were it was, didn't bother walking all the way down there.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”