heading to Squeeky beach saturday

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
adamk

heading to Squeeky beach saturday

Post by adamk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:52 pm

just looking for any info/tips for fishing Squeeky beach
as ill prolly be taking 3x 12ft rods as me an the wife an housemate an ex housemates are making the trip there going to swim an me i'd rather fish

bilby

Re: heading to Squeeky beach saturday

Post by bilby » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:15 am

I caught a nice salmon down there in winter last year - it was delicious filleted into thin slices and cooked with lemon back at the Tidal River camp site. I think sometimes Squeaky Beach can can fish well, but it isn't the same as the long gutter beaches further east or west, so the fish tend to come and go. If you don't have any luck on the sand, there are some pretty accessible rock ledges at the east end of the beach for lure casting. Obviously keep a close eye on the wave action and don't fish there in a big south westerly blow (which is often).

adamk

Post by adamk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:59 am

bilby wrote:I caught a nice salmon down there in winter last year - it was delicious filleted into thin slices and cooked with lemon back at the Tidal River camp site. I think sometimes Squeaky Beach can can fish well, but it isn't the same as the long gutter beaches further east or west, so the fish tend to come and go. If you don't have any luck on the sand, there are some pretty accessible rock ledges at the east end of the beach for lure casting. Obviously keep a close eye on the wave action and don't fish there in a big south westerly blow (which is often).
Thank you for the info

junior
Has liked: 58 times

Post by junior » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:54 pm

Old post but just tacking this on for anyone searching for Wilson's prom spots.
Just got back from squeaky and picked up tailor on silver halco twisties about half way to two 3rds down the beach. No burley used, pretty mild weather.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:57 pm

junior wrote:Old post but just tacking this on for anyone searching for Wilson's prom spots.
Just got back from squeaky and picked up tailor on silver halco twisties about half way to two 3rds down the beach. No burley used, pretty mild weather.
Nice mate!
Decent size ones? :)

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:21 pm

junior wrote:Old post but just tacking this on for anyone searching for Wilson's prom spots.
Good onya mate

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”