What You Need To Catch Garfish - The Basics Video!

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Beno

What You Need To Catch Garfish - The Basics Video!

Post by Beno » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:28 pm

Hey Guys!

I see quite a lot of people enjoy garfishing on the forums so I have put together a video that explains pretty much all the basics you need to go garfishing! Welcome to any feedback and questions. :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyoBupvzxmM

Cheers Beno
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Master-pro

Re: What You Need To Catch Garfish - The Basics Video!

Post by Master-pro » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:42 pm

great video, maybe make a rig making tutorial and explain a running float and a fixed float rig?
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:55 pm

you could be fishing Victoria's next top model haha.. good vid mate
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:04 pm

Good Garfish info "Beno" , well done mate :thumbsup:

tinyballerina

Post by tinyballerina » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 pm

Good stuff Beno. Well considered and executed.

One thing I do differently is I don't keep them in a bucket. I snap their necks and stick them in a wet hessian bag. The wet bag works on the evaporative cooling principle and keeps your catch cool and damp. When I get to the car I whack em in the esky.

Got the better half to make the bag with a strap so it goes over the shoulder or can be suspended over the side of the pier out of the sun and in a cooling breeze. Tea towel clips on to it to wipe your hands too. I never go fishing with out a wet sack...use it for every occasion.

...not being picky, you've done a grouse job, just sharing.

emolina

Post by emolina » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Beno, this is such a step up from your previous work. The language is much, much better, your personal presentation is great! No white glasses, well done.

The editing was much better too, it was a little more noticeable because of the changing light BUT the pacing and sequencing was right on.

A very well done video, I hope you are being noticed in the right places, surely we will see you getting a regular gig doing this kind of work? Is that what you are working towards?

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:01 am

Thanks for the video mate. I was at St Kilda Pier yesterday and a bloke fishing just up from me was pulling in gar after gar. I've never targeted them before and thought it might be fun to do, especially for the kids who get bored quite easily, but I don't have any appropriate gear, so this video is perfect.

I hear they're great eating as well, are they hard to prepare for eating? Do you fillet them or simply clean them and cook whole? Are they boney? Wife hates boney fish and obviously bones aren't good when feeding the kids.

Also, where do you get your squid tentacles from? Are they bought or you catch your own?

Beno

Post by Beno » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Cannot Thank you guys enough for the feedback, appreciate it immensely!

Master-pro - I have showed how to do the common float rig in a previous vid but I am thinking of doing a new video with different float rigs.

Milk Man - A fishing model? Yeah I must admit I have the style and looks hahaha!

Fish hunter - Cheers for the feedback!

Tiny - Thanks mate, you have not been picky at all very interested in hearing other peoples tips and information.

Emolina - Love hearing this feedback, motivates me and always helps me improve for next time. I am working towards getting well known in the fishing community that is my goal for the future. I am in no hurry though as I am only young and willing to take any opportunity that comes my way for the better.

Shazza - Yes they are one of my favourite eating fish, so sweet! Next time I catch some ill make a video on how to gut/fillet and cook them. The way i do it is cut down the stomach removing the guts and black stomach lining, then flatten them with a bottle or rolling pin and pull out the spine. Takes out some of the bones but there are still some left in and usaully you can chew them and eat them they are so small. The squid tentacle is usually just the Californian squid you buy frozen or the calamari I catch in the bay.

Cheers Beno
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Thanks mate.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”