Bermagui 25.2.17

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Bermagui 25.2.17

Post by Nude up » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Trying times today on launching signs were good wind didn't seem that bad but by the time we got to the 12mile the wind was 15 knots and the water was very close chop.
We found plenty of bait slimies but they were down deep around 60 fathoms we loaded up and had on on the down rigger and one up high. We trolled around the bait schools we found nothing happening.
Time for a change 2 slimies sacrificed themselves for skip baits so we could cover more ground we spotted birds headed towards them but two other boats beat us and when we got there they were both hooked up just our luck. We continued on trolling the skip baits 1marlin passed behind the boat we circled but nothing. We spotted more birds with an oil slick quickly changed to the rigged levies in the slimed tubes chucked them in only to get sealed.
It was rough today we copped a few big waves into the boat I was drenched and dried out 3times. To top it off I was getting cold so the tube passed me my stormy life jacket I put it on the back of a chair as I had to reset a livie which had popped the rigger we copped a big wave I was drenched my life jacket fell on the floor I was standing in 6inches of water bang my life jacket inflated spewing oh well at least it worked. The 680 has a self draining deck which is great.
Bottom line no fish today we saw a few,heard a few get caught but not as many as yesterday so hopefully the wind will drop and the bait will rise and more marlin will move into the strike zone

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Bermagui 25.2.17

Post by bowl » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:43 pm

:thumbsup:

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 am

:good: nice attempt guys, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:50 am

I did no good either after launching around 12 when we got there. Radio isn't working though so I couldn't call you up

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:25 am

Good effort guys!

Return to “Game Fishing”