Apollo Bay - Sat 10/6 - Report

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Feathor

Re: Apollo Bay - Sat 10/6 - Report

Post by Feathor » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Unlucky Chris, sounds like it was a good fish. Well done on the time and effort you have put in.
I was down there with the family, envious at all the boats going out and there was plenty Saturday. . I might head back there or Portland Friday for a crack.

ChrisAbout

Post by ChrisAbout » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:23 pm

scott__henning wrote:You've done well to get the bite a few times Chris, but sounds like you need to bite the bullet and get a proper black magic equalizer. Not only will you not have to swap the rod around all the time, you will be less likely to lose the fish next to the boat due to fatigue. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I do have a Black Magic set, but every time I've taken it on the boat we got no bites and no fish. So this time I left it home and guess what ...

I try not to be superstitious, but I think that BM set is bad luck. I might just sell it and buy a different brand.

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:49 pm

ChrisAbout wrote:
scott__henning wrote:You've done well to get the bite a few times Chris, but sounds like you need to bite the bullet and get a proper black magic equalizer. Not only will you not have to swap the rod around all the time, you will be less likely to lose the fish next to the boat due to fatigue. :thumbsup:
Thanks. I do have a Black Magic set, but every time I've taken it on the boat we got no bites and no fish. So this time I left it home and guess what ...

I try not to be superstitious, but I think that BM set is bad luck. I might just sell it and buy a different brand.
Perhaps if you just make sure it's not sized up at all, and packed away under a heap of other things then you might still get a bite :rofl:

ChrisAbout

Post by ChrisAbout » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Lol

Return to “Game Fishing”