Portland Tuna - Now

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Portland Tuna - Now

Post by Nude up » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:13 pm

I used to pool gear with my mate between us we had 5 50,s and one for a livie but over time we have enough to run 2 boats. I take the view I am going to go anyway and am happy to share my gear with mates. When you are out trolling for 8 hrs a day you need good mates,who help clean the boat clean the gear even come round and help maintain the boat and it’s a pleasure to spend time with.
Not every person can afford to do this depending where they are on life’s journey.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:11 am

Brett wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
Brett wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Why not.
Not a justifiable reason.

The limit per angler is 4 rods, so why in the blue blazers should I supply rods for every other person on the boat.
Cos your a nice guy.
If you go away marlin fishing you mite have 4 or 5 guys on the boat.
I have a boat but dont have a crew that has there own gear.
So if i want to go away chasing marlin or tuna i supply majority of the gear so can go away
Ok, so I'll just dump 6 grand on gear so some toss bag can come out fishing on my boat and it makes me feel good, as I supplied the gear. Yeah nah, think I'll just buy for myself not some other flog.
Because I want to maximise my chances of hooking and landing fish. If mates occasionally get to use them that’s lucky for them.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:12 pm

:a_goodjob:
Nude up wrote:I used to pool gear with my mate between us we had 5 50,s and one for a livie but over time we have enough to run 2 boats. I take the view I am going to go anyway and am happy to share my gear with mates. When you are out trolling for 8 hrs a day you need good mates,who help clean the boat clean the gear even come round and help maintain the boat and it’s a pleasure to spend time with.
Not every person can afford to do this depending where they are on life’s journey.
Well said.
If you have good mates you dont mind sharing your stuff with them

Dr Drift

Post by Dr Drift » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:24 am

Nude up wrote:I used to pool gear with my mate between us we had 5 50,s and one for a livie but over time we have enough to run 2 boats. I take the view I am going to go anyway and am happy to share my gear with mates. When you are out trolling for 8 hrs a day you need good mates,who help clean the boat clean the gear even come round and help maintain the boat and it’s a pleasure to spend time with.
Well said!

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:56 am

Strange, just about the exact same situation as a couple of mates and myself are in. One bought a 6.5mtr rig, so we all pitch in cleaning and maintaining, and we pool our gear, set ups, lures, the whole bit. It's a good way to go, and suits all parties.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:30 am

Makes for a better experience if the work loat it shared and the 1 person is not left to do all the work.
Makes it cheaper too when everyone can chip in woth a outfit or 2.
I wife fishes with me alot on trips so i have 4 game outfits so cal run a full spread of lures so if my mate come and dont have gear they can use mine but if they have gear we share all the gear.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:19 pm

Just remember the man who dies with the most tackle wins..

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:11 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Just remember the man who dies with the most tackle wins..
I thort it was the man who dies fishig wins

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:12 pm

Any more reports coming in?

Return to “Game Fishing”