bermagui 5th march

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

bermagui 5th march

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:13 am

Drove to bermie monday slight detour due princess highway closure, left 430 am rolled into bermie 1 oclock , there was only 4 of us this year tuna tube is on training in Sydney so we have taken only 1 boat luckily dave, s haines 680 was already at bermie in storage since jan.
We picked up the boat and settled into the house we had rented. The next few hours was prepping the boat assembling the rods and reels and discussing the plan for the next days fishing.
We decided to run 2 skip baits out back 2 squid teasers off the out riggers and 2 dredges 1 off the downrigger the other off the dredge pole and 2 live baits rigged in the slimey tubes ready to drop in if the marlin hits the teaser.
A great plan but a lot of work to get in if we hook up but with 1 man on the rod 1 driving 2 deckies to clear the deck
The best laid plans we were woken up by someone chucking their guts up at 230 am 1 man down already so we decided to only use the dredge pole. We headed out to the 12 mile at 7am close to the 12 mile bait on the sounder deep around 100 mt we drop the bait jigs they load up and they are yaccas ok but we wanted slimeys but some is better than non we keep looking and another bait school appeared in the sounder around 60 mt we drop and they are slimies we load up and chuck the yakkas out.

We set the speed 4 knots put out the skip baits, teasers and the dredge and signs were good plenty of bait and we were marking fish up around 45 mins later a marlin comes in on the skip bait and just sat behind it after 5 minutes it hits it and pops it out of the rigger then before we can stop it hits the other skip bait by now we have stopped and chucked the live baits in as well after what seemed like 5 mins one reel starts to scream it had taken one of the sinking skip baits we increased the drag the rod loads up we are on but very shortly one jump and it throws the bait 1.1.0.

We re rig and start trolling again about 1 hour later another marlin appears behind the left teaser then another behind the dredge they are all lit up and aggressive we bring the teasers in and throw out the live baits but again a marlin takes the sinking skip bait a small fish around the 70 to 80 kg stripey but very aggresive fantastic acrobatics it did not want to come to the boat after about 20 mins the first attempt to trace it we had it boat side it took off a leap and it headed under the front of the boat we had to spin the boat backwards to ensure it didnt rub the line off the boat. We get the fish back to the right hand side of the boat up wind this time he has had enough and we trace him tag him a few photos then he is on his way. Dave was on the rod griggsy deckie and me driving.
15518236842830.jpg
[attachment=0]15518237137561.jpg[/
attachment] 2.2.1
We rerig and start trolling again 30 mins later another marlin appears behind the teaser then disappeared we stopped chucked the livies out but nothing. Its now about 230 and still blowing the wind was between 15 20 knots all day. Today we decided to not go out due to the forecast but thenextfew days look good dean is next on the rod then me so we should hopefully get on to a few.3.2.1
Attachments
15518237137561.jpg

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: bermagui 5th march

Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:23 am

Lovely Mate, gotta be happy when a plan comes together.
Hope to hear some more good results in the coming days.
Cheers

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:36 am

Fantastic, detailed report....looking forward to reading your updates

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:49 am

That’s awesome mate.
Good luck over the next few days!
Cheers :thumbsup:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am

Love your work Nude up

That report was nice and detailed. Hopefully if I replicated your efforts, I hope I get the same results.
First I've got to find a mate who is prepared to "chuck his guts up" at 2:30am. And, I'm gonna need the keys to Dave's Boat please :-D

The most exciting part (other than the loading up of the rods) is the hours of prep at Bermie, the plethora of possibilities of our imagination gets the anticipation nicely racing along.

Again, love ya work

Cheers, Bugatti

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:52 am

Good stuff mate. I’ll see ya up here, heading up on Friday, to leave a few for the rest of us ;)

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:37 am

scott__henning wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:52 am
Good stuff mate. I’ll see ya up here, heading up on Friday, to leave a few for the rest of us ;)
I bumped into all Barr one yesterday and he said you and the old man were coming up at the weekend. We are here till the 14 th so will see you then

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm

scott__henning wrote:
Going to be a FV meetup at bermi by the looks of it, i think Smiley will also be there around this time.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm
scott__henning wrote:
Going to be a FV meetup at bermi by the looks of it, i think Smiley will also be there around this time.
So there will be punch ups and hissy fits

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:59 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:54 pm
scott__henning wrote:
So there will be punch ups and hissy fits
I think smile has gone home now I have seen Scott and his old man the last 3 years running at bermie never met them in Vic lol

Return to “Game Fishing”