Bermie 7th march

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Bermie 7th march

Post by Nude up » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:59 pm

No fishing yesterday wind in excess of 30 knots make us choose a counter lunch at the pub.
Today we launched at 7 am lots of boats in line the biggest stabi craft I have ever seen behind us. Today I jumped ship and went out with Dave’s mate and his son to give them a hand he has a Haines v19 fully rebuilt looks awesome gets lots of attention.
We headed out to the 12 mile and bait was hard to find after the big blow last night it was scattered and deep. We eventually found some and using the same tactics as the other day I thought we would be in with a chance. Conditions were good wind dropping off from around 15 knots to 7 knots sunny we trolled around and around we marked fish around 60 fathoms but no takers. By 2 pm we decided to change and troll live baits after coming across a large patch of bait we attached 8 oz sinkers with rubber bands and dropped them down with a troll speed of 2 knots. As we passed an edencraft he hooked up to a stripey and gave us a ripping show of a leaping marlin 10 mt off the side of our boat.
4 pm we called it quits no marlin for us just a seal which we outrun with our skip baits.

Return to “Game Fishing”