April, Portland, BFT

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: April, Portland, BFT

Post by 4liters » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:10 pm
4liters wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pm
April Fool wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:08 am
When the boats run over the lines, I guess it is accidental due to being too close or do they do it deliberately!
I reckon some of them come close when they see someone has hooked up, thinking that there's likely a school of fish in the vicinity and hoping to hook something as well. So I don't think they're deliberately trying to cut someone's line (the guys who've had run-ins with Matt Hunt may disagree) but there's certainly a lack of respect for other fishermen and a degree of selfishness involved.
It is very difficult to see the angle of the fishing line so the fish could be anywhere if it is a barrel.
Which is why the decent thing to do is to steer clear imo
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 pm

4liters wrote:
April Fool wrote:
When the boats run over the lines, I guess it is accidental due to being too close or do they do it deliberately!
I reckon some of them come close when they see someone has hooked up, thinking that there's likely a school of fish in the vicinity and hoping to hook something as well. So I don't think they're deliberately trying to cut someone's line (the guys who've had run-ins with Matt Hunt may disagree) but there's certainly a lack of respect for other fishermen and a degree of selfishness involved.
Theres quite a few who have had run ins with Matt from what I understand.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:09 pm

This happens all the time when you hook up get on the radio and warn the other boats but you need to give them your location it’s a big ocean we put our lights on, and watch for other boats. I would love to go to Portland atm a friend snagged 2 over 100 kg last week but I am in Sydney on training till mid june

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:50 am

rb85 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:02 pm
4liters wrote:
April Fool wrote:
The incident I heard about was when he ran over someone’s line while they were on a barrel so they tracked him down at the pub later in the evening and beat the **** out of him
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 am

4liters wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:50 am
rb85 wrote:
4liters wrote:
April Fool wrote:
The incident I heard about was when he ran over someone’s line while they were on a barrel so they tracked him down at the pub later in the evening and beat the **** out of him
BASHING a person is so wrong. As it just promotes the tit for tat until someone either gets killed or seriously injured.

Regardless of Matts alleged behaviour those guys deserve a prison sentence.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Last year we lost a fish. That took half spool. Not sure if it was a bite off or a boat ran over the line.

We did not know exactly where the fish was except it was somewhere in front of the boat at 1 to 3 o'clock.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:58 am
4liters wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:50 am
rb85 wrote:
4liters wrote:
April Fool wrote:
BASHING a person is so wrong. As it just promotes the tit for tat until someone either gets killed or seriously injured.

Regardless of Matts alleged behaviour those guys deserve a prison sentence.
Agree 100% it's neanderthal type behaviour, if people cannot resolve their differences with a conversation theres serious issues at hand. Matt Hunt from what I gather has been in a few situations not sure why don't know the bloke at all could be his high profile father and tall poppy syndrome don't really care being violent is not the answer.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:38 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:30 pm
Last year we lost a fish. That took half spool. Not sure if it was a bite off or a boat ran over the line.
So you took it as dissapointing bad luck and didn't post crappy videos on social media poorly articulating your point or head butting anyone.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:54 pm

rb85 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:38 pm
Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:30 pm
So you took it as dissapointing bad luck and didn't post crappy videos on social media poorly articulating your point or head butting anyone.

I was more cranky with my deckhand for not watching the rods, because it took a while before we realise that we had a fish on, but again it comes back to gaining experience.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:54 pm

I was more cranky with my deckhand for not watching the rods, because it took a while before we realise that we had a fish on, but again it comes back to gaining experience.
If the deckie was told to watch the rods at all times he must wear the blame

Return to “Game Fishing”