Eppalock

Fishing club news, reports and notifications of upcoming fishing competitions.
malleestump

Eppalock

Post by malleestump » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:02 am

report from Bendigo weekly of the 3rd annual Derrinal Classic held last month.44 anglers from Bendigo and Heathcote enjoyed varying levels of success with both Redfin and golden perch caught. yella belly were rare with only a handful of perch caught.Largest being 50 cm fish.Heathcote angler landed a 50 cm Murray cod.However a Bendigo angler landed a44 cm and a 36 cm Redfin on the one cast in a double hookup that helped Bendigo out- fish the Heathcote rivals.
A paternoster rig rigged with soft plastics retrieved slowly ,but erratically proved irresistable to the hungry Redfin.
This rig has proved invaluable over the last few years especially when rigged with the 50 mm to 60 mm Squidgy fish range of soft plastics.
Drop Bear,Killer Tomato or Gary Glitter colour schemes seem persistent fish takers.A smaller plastic can often be utilised as well,rigged as a stinger above the first presentation on a shorter dropper.
author of this article Nick Atyeo
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

TrevKing

Re: Eppalock

Post by TrevKing » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:48 am

Thanks for the report, I'm staying at the caravan park in late January so hopefully I'll get on to some fish.
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:09 am

I would have been happy with either a 44cm redfin or a 36cm redfin, let alone both at once! :-D
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 am

Rod Bender wrote:I would have been happy with either a 44cm redfin or a 36cm redfin, let alone both at once! :-D
cheers
Jim
would be a nice bit of weight dragging in a total of 80 cm Reddie Jim :fishing:
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Return to “Victorian Fishing Clubs”