whether or not to join a fishing club?

Fishing club news, reports and notifications of upcoming fishing competitions.

Are you a member of a fishing club?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 43

rixter

Re: weather or not to join a fishing club?

Post by rixter » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:54 pm

This website is enough for myself these days.

Although ....There is nothing wrong with fishing clubs though, I was in a few years ago, learned heaps and met plenty of great people, just like on here.

There is always a few serious fisho's in each club, so it's not always DRINK DRINK DRINK .

The more people you can meet, the more knowledge you will gain and friends to be had, some great 'get aways' in clubs also, usally sorted out by the presidents/serious members , but for everyone in the club ;)

To sum it up .........If I was as serious about my fishing these days as I was years ago , then I would definately join some clubs again !

Cheers , Rick.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

yogibearrrr

Post by yogibearrrr » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm

im part of a fly fishing club and got heaps of help last year, i haven't been this year yet been too busy fishing on Sundays lol. i like it because of the tips plus general talk among members, i should start going again even if just sometimes also i haven't used my fly rod much at all.
when it comes time to renew my membership though im not sure if i will, depends on what sort of fishing im doing then. I'll still be going for trout but spinning has been working too well....so I'll see

DIGGLE

Post by DIGGLE » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:00 pm

Join Digglenation :)

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:19 pm

I've been a member of a couple of fishing clubs, **** heads and clicky groups spoiled both of them.

FISHING VICTORIA FORUM is as good if not better than the clubs I was a member of, top members who are willing to pass on there knowledge to others.

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:01 pm

Fishing Vic is my club also. Have a friend who is in a club and all his fishing stories involve how pissed they get. To be fair after fishing sessions at camp site...

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 pm

I. don't mind a couple of social
drinks. :Bar:
What i can't tolerate is **** head parents let there kids run wild in a club and you have to inform the **** head parentd ur child is on.the roof ect then the **** head parent gets defensive and picks a fight with ya .they also claim there children are always in the right. :shocker:
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:45 pm

bowl wrote:I. don't mind a couple of social
drinks. :Bar:
What i can't tolerate is p1ss head parents let there kids run wild in a club and you have to inform the p1ss head parentd ur child is on.the roof ect then the p1ss head parent gets defensive and picks a fight with ya .they also claim there children are always in the right. :shocker:
i agree
if there going to drink they shouldnt bring there kids

i dont mind people having a few drinks but they still have responsibilities
i dont drink grog at all but im happy for people to have 1 or 2 drinks on the boat as long as they still do there share of work on the boat

Return to “Victorian Fishing Clubs”