Lake Dewar YMCA 22/03/2014

adinadarevic

Lake Dewar YMCA 22/03/2014

Post by adinadarevic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:24 pm

After what was set out to be a boring school camp i remembered thankfully i decided to bring my fishing gear up, Lake Dewar lodge is located near Pykes Creek (Myrniong) and is a YMCA camp, however the manager doesn't seem to mind fishing. i started at 2:00pm whilst i had some free time, there was an overcast all day and for the next hour and so the sun had decided to come out. after about 20 mins i was into my first hook up, i had used a patterned green and black tiger striped Yo-Zuri, and a 2-3lb Fireline tournament series braid, along with a 100 Daiwa crossfire and a Daiwa Redback rod. after about 7 minutes with the fish un-explainably the line braid had snapped, so chasing the same fish again i tied a tsunami Brown Trout spinner, after about another 10 minutes i had hooked into a 1.5kg Rainbow trout (as seen in the video below) i had managed to land it after a thrilling ten minute fight. After the dust had settled it had been somewhere around 3:00 when i hooked into my next fished, i had managed to hook into another trout ( which due to the poor health of the fish i was unable to measure). after a quick fight i had landed, took a snap of it too and released it, all in all this lake offers amazing fishing as far as i'm concerned and would definitely recommended a trip down there! if anyone needs any more info feel free to contact me :)

http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/adin5 ... sort=3&o=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <-- Video of 1st catch

http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/adin5 ... sort=3&o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <-- photo of second
"A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work." - Everyone

TrevKing

Re: Lake Dewar YMCA 22/03/2014

Post by TrevKing » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:02 pm

Those are some great trout there, and sounds like you had a great time - do you know if you're allowed to go there just to fish for a day trip?
It's less than an hour from home and I'm currently looking for a good trouting spot. Are rainbows the only type of trout there?

2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

adinadarevic

Post by adinadarevic » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 pm

TrevKing wrote:Those are some great trout there, and sounds like you had a great time - do you know if you're allowed to go there just to fish for a day trip?
It's less than an hour from home and I'm currently looking for a good trouting spot. Are rainbows the only type of trout there?

Hey mate, im not too sure, if u pm me i can give you the camp managers number im sure he would allow day time visitors, and definitely not only rainbows, im not sure if you've ever been on the bridge but just of the bridge at around 4:00pm i spotted a huge brownie, unfortunately we were already packed and ready to leave, but i would surely recommended it, and just visit kmart before stock up on spinners ;)
"A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work." - Everyone

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:12 pm

PM sent, thanks for the info. :)
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

Mosquito