Fishing Report

donutcrooks

Fishing Report

Post by donutcrooks » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:33 pm

G'day everyone,
I went out today with my 2 mates to Upper Stony Creek Reservoir to show them the spot I have been going to over the last 2 weeks. We got there around 7am and there was already quite a few people there. I bought new gear and was so eager to get a fish finally. We found a beautiful spot and stayed there for hours. There was no bites but plenty of fishing jumping out of the water on the other side of the reservoir. We decided at around 10:30 to venture to Altona Pier. Once getting there we ventured down the pier to see what was happening and what we should bring out. We noticed a school of fish that were silver in colour roaming around the end. We then went and got a kebab for lunch and bought chicken and some prawns for bait. We all hooked our lines up and prayed to the fish gods that maybe someone will get a fish. My friend reeled in his line and discovered a massive toady on the end and didn't even realise. Hours went by with nothing else and then suddenly my friend done his bait check and found a huge starfish on it. I was already dying on the inside from catching nothing, not even a toady but to see a starfish my heart nearly stopped! I continued praying to the fish gods and Poseidon himself but nothing was happening. It was nearing 3:30 and my other friend caught a huge toady as well! What are the odds right? I pray for myself but someone else gets it! Though, I wouldn't be fishing if I didn't love it and didn't want to catch an actual fish!

We all left for the day and I was the only one without a fish, once again. I may try get out again to that pier but only time can tell.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Fishing Report

Post by Lightningx » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Better luck next time mate.
At least you were out there giving it a go :thumbsup:
I have caught plenty of nice pinkies from the end of that pier in the past :thumbsup:

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Tough luck mate - maybe give an idea of what rig/bait set up you were using and some of us might be able to give you some advice for next time.

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:25 pm

yepi'mon wrote:Tough luck mate - maybe give an idea of what rig/bait set up you were using and some of us might be able to give you some advice for next time.
At the reservoir I used everything from a hook with a float, lures/spinners and then just a hook. My bait was powerbait and worms.

At the pier I used a hook and float, using prawn/raw chicken as bait. I also used just a sinker at the bottom with 2 hooks above.

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Perhaps you should think about changing your user name... "donut" not good at all, could be your bad omen for fishing.. :-D :-D

Change it to ''Bagfulloffish" or "fishcatcher" :fish22: may change your luck.. ;-)

cheers
Adrian
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:33 pm

meppstas wrote:Perhaps you should think about changing your user name... "donut" not good at all, could be your bad omen for fishing.. :-D :-D

Change it to ''Bagfulloffish" or "fishcatcher" :fish22: may change your luck.. ;-)

cheers
Adrian
Hey Adrian,
Where's all the photos of snow on the Mersey or Meander rivers ????
Cheers Gra

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 pm

meppstas wrote:Perhaps you should think about changing your user name... "donut" not good at all, could be your bad omen for fishing.. :-D :-D

cheers
Adrian
fairpoint there

bm

Return to “Other Victorian Fishing Reports”