Making up for lost time

bilby
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:45 am

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby bilby » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Congratulations on the PhD and a stunning snapper from the beach!



Remove these ads.

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby Broomstick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Thanks fellas

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby Broomstick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:11 pm

Hammy Y wrote:Great report, one of the best I've seen! And congrats on your thesis mate!
I have to ask? Bar the flatty and the banjos what were all those other fish you caught in WP at night? Strange looking creatures for sure
Cheers


Thanks mate. You never know what you might catch in WP - that's why I like it. The toothy guy is a barracouta (aka bait), the small shark is a cat shark, the little fella is a bearded cod, and the big flat thing with the pink nose is a Melbourne skate.

User avatar
Broomstick
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby Broomstick » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:12 pm

Texas wrote:Great stuff Pat,
4 years of studying while fishing, who said life wasn't meant to be easy :tongue:
I have trouble writing a letter, let alone 200 pages
You certainly deserve accolades :super: :super:
Get on to (uncle) Dave and get that big reddie

Cheers Gra


Haha thanks Gra. It is about time I caught a decent reddie, my 10cm PB is a little sad.

cobby
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2101
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby cobby » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Jesus I think that's more than making up for time

Hammy Y
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby Hammy Y » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Broomstick wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:Great report, one of the best I've seen! And congrats on your thesis mate!
I have to ask? Bar the flatty and the banjos what were all those other fish you caught in WP at night? Strange looking creatures for sure
Cheers


Thanks mate. You never know what you might catch in WP - that's why I like it. The toothy guy is a barracouta (aka bait), the small shark is a cat shark, the little fella is a bearded cod, and the big flat thing with the pink nose is a Melbourne skate.


That just leaves that flat thing with the big head? Also I thought that cat was a 7giller when I first saw it.
And cheers for the reply u learn something new everyday haha



Remove these ads.

Basti
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:50 pm
Location: SE Melbourne

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby Basti » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:56 pm

congrats Dr Pat haha. you've finished just in time to get into some proper fishing this summer.

User avatar
Brett
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:23 am
Location: Mornington Peninsula

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby Brett » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:50 pm

Hammy Y wrote:
Broomstick wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:Great report, one of the best I've seen! And congrats on your thesis mate!
I have to ask? Bar the flatty and the banjos what were all those other fish you caught in WP at night? Strange looking creatures for sure
Cheers


Thanks mate. You never know what you might catch in WP - that's why I like it. The toothy guy is a barracouta (aka bait), the small shark is a cat shark, the little fella is a bearded cod, and the big flat thing with the pink nose is a Melbourne skate.


That just leaves that flat thing with the big head? Also I thought that cat was a 7giller when I first saw it.
And cheers for the reply u learn something new everyday haha



Blue spotted Eagle Ray.

cobby
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2101
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby cobby » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 pm

Brett wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:
Broomstick wrote:
Hammy Y wrote:Great report, one of the best I've seen! And congrats on your thesis mate!
I have to ask? Bar the flatty and the banjos what were all those other fish you caught in WP at night? Strange looking creatures for sure
Cheers


Thanks mate. You never know what you might catch in WP - that's why I like it. The toothy guy is a barracouta (aka bait), the small shark is a cat shark, the little fella is a bearded cod, and the big flat thing with the pink nose is a Melbourne skate.


That just leaves that flat thing with the big head? Also I thought that cat was a 7giller when I first saw it.
And cheers for the reply u learn something new everyday haha



Blue spotted Eagle Ray.


The tighten drag, point rod up high and watch them fly ray.

Basti
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 2024
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:50 pm
Location: SE Melbourne

Re: Making up for lost time

Postby Basti » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:32 am

Still remember the first one I caught. Line burning off to the right, Ray getting airborne way off to the left. I was so confused.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Other Victorian Fishing Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest