Got some prawns

Targetting a specific fish species? Post your tactics here...
cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Got some prawns

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Jarrods wrote:How do you present the prawns? A couple of circles one at the top and one atthe bottom? Peeled or whole?

I use a single 6/0 or 8/0 circle and normaly inline circle - then head tail and shell the meat with an 8/0 just slide the prawn meat on its the same shape as the hook
with a smaller hook 6/0 cut the prawn meat in 1/2 and slide it on the same

dont worry about loading the hook it doesn't need to be a hang bait , the hook still sets fine

I dont have a go pro but heres a couple of my mates vids and the gummies are taking prawn

[youtube]hkQefQ6awkQ[/youtube]

[youtube]9u7E81o1h0E[/youtube]
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:59 pm

Just got back and the only prawn I lost was when I took it off the hook. :victory:

but then didn't loose any other baits either. The water was pretty muddy :crazy:

slinga

Post by slinga » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:39 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Just got back and the only prawn I lost was when I took it off the hook. :victory:

but then didn't loose any other baits either. The water was pretty muddy :crazy:

Where did you go??
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:45 pm

would of been a nice nite for lang lang tonight. shame about the low tide. :(
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:47 pm

psara1 wrote:would of been a nice nite for lang lang tonight. shame about the low tide. :(
hope its ok next W/E - if the weather is ok we plan to camp at the caravan park fri the 10 and sat the 11th
I have a gummy comp with Vyak on the sat
after seting up camp I'll chuck a couple of beach rods in high tide will be fairly early a bit after 7 pm on the friday
and sat comp will be a good 7 - 7 1/2 hours in the yak
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 am

slinga wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:Just got back and the only prawn I lost was when I took it off the hook. :victory:

Where did you go??
Tenby Point

fishophil

Post by fishophil » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:05 am

I was at Tenby point Thursday night with a mate, but all we caught was a stingray on the run in tide. First time we have fished there too. Not a bad little spot though!
Hi ho, hi ho, its off to fish we go!

cheaterparts

Post by cheaterparts » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 pm

fishophil wrote:I was at Tenby point Thursday night with a mate, but all we caught was a stingray on the run in tide. First time we have fished there too. Not a bad little spot though!
we need to do a kayak run along there it looks pretty protected from sth winds
My kayak PBs

Cheater

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:03 am

cheaterparts wrote:
psara1 wrote:would of been a nice nite for lang lang tonight. shame about the low tide. :(
hope its ok next W/E - if the weather is ok we plan to camp at the caravan park fri the 10 and sat the 11th
I have a gummy comp with Vyak on the sat
after seting up camp I'll chuck a couple of beach rods in high tide will be fairly early a bit after 7 pm on the friday
and sat comp will be a good 7 - 7 1/2 hours in the yak
Hey Cheater, if weather allows for it, I may come down to Langy for a fish, with a handful of prawns as well. :D cheers
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Return to “Fishing techniques”