Berley Pot Camera

Targetting a specific fish species? Post your tactics here...
shazzagraz

Re: Berley Pot Camera

Post by shazzagraz » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:45 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:That was great.

Someone needs to come up with a little camera that watches your bait with a real time link back to your phone or something.
That would be so bloody awesome! However it would make a bit easier, and when you take a bit of the challenge away it becomes a little less fun IMO. It would be unreal to be able to watch the fish take your bait though.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Great footage :thumbsup:

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:17 pm

great clip good idea
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Abuthen

Post by Abuthen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:42 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:That was great.

Someone needs to come up with a little camera that watches your bait with a real time link back to your phone or something.
Many someones did .. in various prices and cable lengths ..
Not sure how you're gonna "cast" the camera though, maybe paternoster or drop-shot style?

Abuthen

rixter

Post by rixter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:43 pm

That's a cool video , the start of it almost looked like an animated movie, it was that clear and colourful ! .
I enjoyed it , thanks.

This has got me thinking ! . I have so much extra stuff lying around unused from remote control helicopters.
I have a spare small tiny wireless webcam (good colour quality too) which runs on a 9v battery for 3 hours. The receiver can plug into a small tv or laptop, It also has a range of 300 meters. I also have a heap of spare servo's and 1.3ghz 6 channel remote controllers transmitters and receivers. All up it's around $300 to $400 worth of gear lying around doing nothing.
This has got me thinking about mounting the cam inside a small clear waterproof Plexiglass/Perspex box, mounted to a wire or rope to lower it, with the cam mounted inside it on some servo's also , so I can rotate the cam around and so forth. Seems to easy , might have to give it a go I think. The clear Perspex box would only need to be about 7 to 10 cm cubed to fit everything in it. :victory:

Cheers , Rick.
Last edited by rixter on Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Abuthen

Post by Abuthen » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:59 pm

An Australian company makes a "Towcam-Towed underwater trolling strike camera" for $3080.

http://www.towcam.com.au/index.html
"T/C-70M(230ft) –Towcam a very lightweight and small, fast or slow trolled underwater camera, totally custom made for the sport and game fishing industry by game fishing enthusiasts’. Towcam runs up near your lures."

[vimeo]44143690[/vimeo]
Abuthen

Return to “Fishing techniques”