My Whoosh! Splash! moment

Targetting a specific fish species? Post your tactics here...
Denada

Re: My Whoosh! Splash! moment

Post by Denada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 pm

yesterday I almost lost my tackle box from an old fart who pretended not to see me, I was SP-ing 4 metres from where I left my tackle box and this old fart walked past and tried to walk off with it till I told him off and he asked me if it was mine, I had nothing but my rod in my hand, who da **** else would it have been **** head, had at least 40 - 60 bucks of sb hb and jig heads in it.

sorry i know it wasn't a splash moment but thought I'd bring it up, keep close eyes on your gears boys!

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Denada wrote:yesterday I almost lost my tackle box from an old fart who pretended not to see me, I was SP-ing 4 metres from where I left my tackle box and this old fart walked past and tried to walk off with it till I told him off and he asked me if it was mine, I had nothing but my rod in my hand, who da f**k else would it have been d1ck head, had at least 40 - 60 bucks of sb hb and jig heads in it.

sorry i know it wasn't a splash moment but thought I'd bring it up, keep close eyes on your gears boys!
i reckon the post would be more at home in bay 13. :thumbsup:

haven't had anyone try to steal my stuff, well not that i know of, but i have seen some shady people looking at my gear, but mind you, me being a frankston teenager wearing a hoodie might look a tad shady when i walk past people on the pier looking at what gear people are using... :lol:.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Denada

Post by Denada » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:28 pm

haha, to be honest with ya every fisho I met are nice up until yesterday arvo!, the fishing community is awesome, like last friday, I caught a flatty and only realise I didn't bring a god damn container or bag to carry it, walked up to a pair of blokes in their 60s, was happy to give me a plastic bag, that saved me from throwing a 36 flatty (and another 30 later)

FirelineFanatic

Post by FirelineFanatic » Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:09 pm

One time I was fishing a crystal clear rainforesty type river on private property up in nothern Qld, it was a steep cliff of about 30-40m down to the water level, then a big bank of hard sandstone leading to the water, where it dropped down into very deep green water. I had dropped a line down into this deep water on a short thick boat rod and 5000 size jarvis walker reel (not an expensive combo and pretty old and beat up, but a lot of sentimental value), and rather stupidly set the road down about midway up the bank, just lying there. I walked about 10m further up the bank and rigged up a sp on my baitcaster, when my dad shouts "your rods going!". I turn around to see my rod flying at warp speed down the bank about 4m from the waters edge. I swear I have never run so fast in my life, before or since. I traveled about 10-13m in about 2seconds flat and grabbed the rod about half a meter from the edge of the deep green water and reeled in a nice 70cm salmon tailed catfish.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Seems like its mostly landbased fishos losing rods. Especially on piers. I fish almost weekly off the boat and have never dropped one over the side. Maybe we should come up with some kind of secure pier rod holder, cos I admit I have no idea how I would secure a rod on a pier

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Tie it on the pier ?
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Paul Foot

Post by Paul Foot » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:53 pm

Brand new Ugly Stik Balance combo now belongs to a big fat carp in the Barwon River as of two weeks ago, forgot to set the drag and left my 8 year old daughter in charge for a minute while i attended to her siblings. Can't blame her, she saw the line going but didn't know what to do, I was devastated but convinced the boss that I needed to replace it and I have also taken revenge on carp in that same spot.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:29 pm

Bad loss of reel !!

Cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:53 pm

Check out this guy :lol:
[youtube]6BFSHJeo7eQ[/youtube]
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Haygmbp

Post by Haygmbp » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:56 pm

Surely he could have moved a lil faster. Too funny

Return to “Fishing techniques”