Welshmans reef park/cairn curran

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
benders
Has liked: 169 times

Welshmans reef park/cairn curran

Post by benders » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Just letting you all know that welshmans reef caravan park is closing down as of 9th November. You can go to their website welshmansreefcaravanpark.com and register your protest on a petition. Cairn curran is a good fishery but it really needs somewhere to stay to make the most if it and this is the only option. Give them your support.

Huntnfish

Re: Welshmans reef park/cairn curran

Post by Huntnfish » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:57 pm

Why is it closing?

benders

Post by benders » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:28 pm

Not 100% sure but I think the council has said it is not up to scratch and no one wants to stump up the cash to fix it up.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:52 pm

Sounds like more money needs to be spent on tourism advertising. If there was money in it, people would invest in doing it up. Unfortunately by the sounds of it, there just isnt enough return on investment to bother doing it.

I feel like most people feel like they need to leave the state to go on holiday. We need to do more to promote the wonderful holiday locations we have in victoria.

benders

Post by benders » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:23 pm

I just feel sorry for the permanent site holders. The put their hard earned on doing up their site and it gets closed down without any consultation with them.

foggybottom

Post by foggybottom » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 pm

That's a pretty rubbish caravan park though, would need a hell of a lot of cash poured into it to make it something nice. Sure it's a good spot to launch a boat from, but i'd much rather stay in Maldon or Castlemaine and make the short drive each day.

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:47 am

The wife and I took the kids their one Christmas when they were young, that was many many moons ago now. We would never go back, we had a large tent with all our gear and where my wife and I were to sleep and a 3 man tent facing into it about a meter and a half away for the kids. Just on dark we caught a young bloke trying to get into the tent with the kids, he was soon told where to go and if I saw him around our site again I would belt the $hi##er out of him. Later that night there were about 4 or 5 fights, 2 idiots tried to pinch the prop off our outboard, and you couldn't find the manager to make a complaint. We booked to stay for 4 days, after a sleepless night we packed up and came home. Over the years I have never heard a good report on the place.

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Sounds like a good place to avoid. Cheers muzza43.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”