Heburn lagoon

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Jilda233
Has liked: 1 time

Heburn lagoon

Post by Jilda233 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi there

I went up to Hepburn lagoon today to find the gates closed .. Does anyone know how I can access the lake cheers

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Heburn lagoon

Post by Redhunter » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:13 pm

What do you mean? Is it locked, or just shut?
The gate has been closed every time I've ever been there. So I simply open it and drive through, and close it behind me.

Note: Always leave gates the way you find them. Otherwise a grumpy farmer may have a chat to you via his under & over.

Jilda233
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Jilda233 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:14 pm

i went down daylesford and clunes rd and only come to a gate which had a paddack full of sheep so wasnt to sure if i could open it or not and i also ended up down a road near telegraph rd which ended up a 2 gates which both had pad locks on them .. any directions that could help me would be great as i wnet up there then ended up going home and whats the ebst park of the lake to fish etc

thanks for your help much appreciated

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:51 pm

Bugger! That's no fun mate!
Daylesford - Clunes Rd sounds about right. Drive down there till you get to the other end of the lake, (lake is on the left of you), where you come across two gates chained together. Simply open and drive in, (shutting gates behind you), follow the short track to a small canal that runs into the lake.
Does this sound familiar to anything you saw today? There are other ways in, but this way involves the least walking. The lake was quite low with plenty of weed, but with recent rains hopefully levels have risen making it easier to fish. The "best spot", is any clear patch of water between weed beds. They are very well fed and sometimes hard to tempt, but there are definitely trophy trout (10lb plus) in amongst them, so you never know your luck.
Hope this helps...

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:55 pm

Yes, there are sheep everywhere there, hence the closed gates. Don't leave your lunch sitting unattended on your tacklebox, or a lamb may take off with your sandwich...lol.

sandef
Has liked: 54 times

Post by sandef » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:04 pm

access is through the gate on werona kingston rd next to cattle loader and you can walk in from telagraph road at the dairy end

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”