Upper maribyrnong report (Keilor East)

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
adamk

Re: Upper maribyrnong report (Keilor East)

Post by adamk » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:45 pm

wokka1 wrote:
adamk wrote: was meaning carp wise as the closest place to fish if i'm walking is werribee river, train station area. an its a bit far up for bream i would gather. 15 min walk for me.
I've fished Brimbank a couple of times till dark and caught nothing, Best results for me have always been hotter settled days. But then I tend to float fish to fish I can see or in places I have seen them schooling in the past. The calm water makes them both easier to polaroid and keeps the float in the zone longer.
thx for the reply, but i am sort of wondering as i've seen a few "asian" men fish from the combine bridge if there is anything elise there

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:47 pm

wokka1 wrote:
sloth wrote: they are so structure orientated
Not always, opposite Poynton's 1530 this arvo.
IMG_20150404_153514102 (Large).jpg
Loads of structure in that pic by my book :)

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:06 am

I might give the maribyrnong river a go as it is close to where I live. Ive tried other places such as Taylors Lakes but no luck. Whats a popular fishing method and bait for the river and whats a good species to target?

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 am

I also heard that there are small Brown Trout in the river. Has anyone ever targeted them or have caught them in the river and how so?

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:06 pm

I have heard of them being there years ago further up towards the airport. Haven't heard of any in recent times, Wouldn't hold out for them anywhere near Brimbank.

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:14 am

According to DELWP there still are?

FreeSpool

Post by FreeSpool » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:34 am

T_C Fishing wrote:I also heard that there are small Brown Trout in the river. Has anyone ever targeted them or have caught them in the river and how so?
If you go a litter further up towards Bulla you can catch them there in Deep Creek that runs into the Maribyrnong.
I used to fish there a few years ago and caught a few small brown trout around that area. Also Good for Redfin.

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:31 pm

FreeSpool wrote:
T_C Fishing wrote:I also heard that there are small Brown Trout in the river. Has anyone ever targeted them or have caught them in the river and how so?
If you go a litter further up towards Bulla you can catch them there in Deep Creek that runs into the Maribyrnong.
I used to fish there a few years ago and caught a few small brown trout around that area. Also Good for Redfin.
OK Cool thanks I might try brimbank park one day see if I can catch a few reddies and carp and possibly even some trout.

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:29 pm

FreeSpool wrote:
where would you access it from?

FreeSpool

Post by FreeSpool » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 am

laneends wrote:
FreeSpool wrote:
where would you access it from?
Trap Street.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”