Fishing around Yea

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Fishsniper

Fishing around Yea

Post by Fishsniper » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:49 am

I am doing some work around yea for the next cople days and was going to have a flick around there, can anyone give me a general starting pointm for the river around there, any help would be appreciated
thanks frank

HarryS11

Re: Fishing around Yea

Post by HarryS11 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:26 am

The yea river at near the Murrindindi National park (towards Glenburn) is very good, I've got a few good rainbows up there, it should be just as good upstream. The Goulburn is supposed to be good upstream as well.

tommyfishunter

Post by tommyfishunter » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:51 am

I fished the Golburn on the weekend at Yea (near where the Yea and Golburn rivers meet). Quite slow afternoon fishing only manged 1 redfin around 30cm. First time i've been to that part of the Golburn, but it seemed to be running pretty high. The only bites we had and the redfin caught was withing 5 metres of the bank under some over hanging trees. However we did see something very large surface on the other side of the river, not sure what it was but i've never seen a bigger splash from a fish.

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Try around the Ghin Ghin bridge, same location as above, but try down stream from the bridge on the north side . Cheers muzza43.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”