Taylors Lakes

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
donutcrooks

Taylors Lakes

Post by donutcrooks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:17 pm

G'day boys and gents,
I'm going to head out tomorrow to my local lake and try catch a few carp. Before you go 'yuck why carperino my friend' let me just say, I have never caught one frienderinos. I want to get more experience as I'm still new and want to fish in different conditions.

Wish me luck gents, I'll need it. :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Taylors Lakes

Post by Lightningx » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Good luck mate. Hope you do alright :)

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks my fellow brethren. :water:

adamk

Post by adamk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 pm

should check along the river near Macaulay Station, my cousin use to live along it an there use to be some big sob's there

Weedle

Post by Weedle » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:35 am

Is this the taylors lakes in the western suburbs?
All the gear.... No idea :down:

Prawnboy

Post by Prawnboy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:05 am

Weedle wrote:Is this the taylors lakes in the western suburbs?
Yes mate it is

Weedle

Post by Weedle » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 am

RIght! i get confused sometimes because there is Taylors lake in grampians where you can catch in, and then there is Taylors Lakes in Western Melb where I live, SO i get mixed up. good luck catching there,
however if you ever go to Watergardens shopping centre, go to where Hoyts and Switch restaurant are, you can see all the carp in the lake below, some monsters in there too!
All the gear.... No idea :down:

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 pm

Weedle wrote:RIght! i get confused sometimes because there is Taylors lake in grampians where you can catch in, and then there is Taylors Lakes in Western Melb where I live, SO i get mixed up. good luck catching there,
however if you ever go to Watergardens shopping centre, go to where Hoyts and Switch restaurant are, you can see all the carp in the lake below, some monsters in there too!
I have seen them around but I would be too scared to fish during the day when everyone is around and watching! :oops:
I went today and got one massive bite but nothing was wanting to get on my wet line, the dogs!
Maybe we can fish together one day!

T_C Fishing

Post by T_C Fishing » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:56 pm

donutcrooks wrote:
Weedle wrote:RIght! i get confused sometimes because there is Taylors lake in grampians where you can catch in, and then there is Taylors Lakes in Western Melb where I live, SO i get mixed up. good luck catching there,
I have seen them around but I would be too scared to fish during the day when everyone is around and watching! :oops:
I went today and got one massive bite but nothing was wanting to get on my wet line, the dogs!
Hey man. Ive been to the main lake near the reception center many times.what were u using? Ive tried corn but thats **** for the area. Bread on a float seems to work quite well though. U been lately?

donutcrooks

Post by donutcrooks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:59 pm

T_C Fishing wrote:
donutcrooks wrote:
Hey man. Ive been to the main lake near the reception center many times.what were u using? Ive tried corn but thats sh*t for the area. Bread on a float seems to work quite well though. U been lately?
Hey mate,

Sorry for the late response, have been quite busy lately.
I went again just a few weeks after your response and used just soft plastics. I got a few tugs but nothing landed and it might of been due to my hook size. I know there is Redfin and Carp there but nothing on the big size.
If you are one of the dangerous types and love to be adventurous you can travel to Watergardens Town Centre, and just behind/under the food court is a huge pool of water full of Carp. The Carp are huge and look like they survive on cigarette butts and the spit from 2 year olds. \

Good luck.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”