Yea

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
MickCov
Has liked: 13 times

Yea

Post by MickCov » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:02 pm

My wife and I took a drive to my Yea yesterday as we like to do every now and then.Great fishing spots around from Ghin Ghin bridge to the yea river.
As kids we would camp at the caravan park and fish for the whole weekend catching reddies.Im trying to get our 13 yr old daughter into fishing but she's not quiet ready to get her hands dirty yet(how boring dad)) :-D
I have heard some great stories of cod being caught at Ghin Ghin by locals using the large moths that are plentiful at this time of year.Not sure if they are bogong moths?
I didn't take my rods with me but I did check out one of the local trout streams,looks promising for next time!
IMG_3478.JPG

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Re: Yea

Post by barra mick » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:11 pm

Looks a nice stream

I use to fish there abit as a kid....remember alot off trout in the creeks.

MickCov

Post by MickCov » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Nice clear water after a bit of rain Barra Mick and the yea river is running nicely. I've seen some really good sized reddies come from behind the caravan park and a trout or two as well.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Looks like it's worth giving it a go :thumbsup:

MickCov

Post by MickCov » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:51 pm

:thumbsup: Really looking forward to getting back up there

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Is it frowned upon to target trout for catch and release during their closed season in streams that are not subject to complete closures?

Paulanderson
Has liked: 59 times

Post by Paulanderson » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Looks very fishy and there would likely be an odd Macca in the deeper holes as well.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:58 pm

Queasy wrote:Is it frowned upon to target trout for catch and release during their closed season in streams that are not subject to complete closures?
Yes, not entirely sure how fisheries would distinguish between targeting other species and trout in certain situations though
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:32 am

mazman wrote:
Queasy wrote:Is it frowned upon to target trout for catch and release during their closed season in streams that are not subject to complete closures?
Yes, not entirely sure how fisheries would distinguish between targeting other species and trout in certain situations though
I've always wondered this too.. I've caught reddies and carp in the same rivers i catch trout on. I catch a release 100% of the time i fish in these rivers and streams.. What if im targeting reddies or carp and i release all trout ive caught? Or is the actual river or stream completely closed to all fishing because they are deemed "trout rivers"?

Cheers, Anth

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:25 am

Sinsemilla wrote:What if im targeting reddies or carp and i release all trout ive caught? Or is the actual river or stream completely closed to all fishing because they are deemed "trout rivers"?

Cheers, Anth
Acceptable, except in sections of Goulburn, Mitta Mitta, Tanjil and Kiewa Rivers which are entirely closed to all fishing during the trout closed season.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”