Import or Local

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Import or Local

Post by rb85 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:18 pm

4liters wrote:They'd employ even more people if they set themselves up with an online store and were racking up millions of $$ in sales like Motackle etc.

Forums, YouTube, blogs and social media have more or less made the whole 'local knowledge' thing redundant for a lot of people too.

The retail space has been changing rapidly since the early 2000s and the fishing tackle industry seems to have more than it's fair share of old school types who are unwilling or unable to change with the times. Even now I see plenty who would prefer to complain about the online stores rather than do anything proactive to improve their situation.
In all due respect 4liters what you are suggesting is more online stores more consumers. Motackles etc have buying power that smaller retailers don't, regardless a lot of tackle stores are setting up online stores to supplement their store incomes they are by no means making millions like motackle.

Forums, youtube etc are a good source of info but the tackle store still has its place for sure. The retail space has changed I agree but it's not always for the benefit of the community with larger corporations using their business structures to crush competitors i.e. Amazon. Personally I'm happy to support local retailers where I know the employees and they give me decent prices due to loyalty than purchase from a faceless company each to their own.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:55 pm

I had a local tackle store offer me a rod i'm looking to purchase for a special price of $140 (it was on sale @$150 down from $200). Same rod is available From RayAnnes online for $100. guess where my money's going?

I've been in and out of this joint fairly regularly for the last few years, know all of the guys by name, and usually spend close to 15 min chatting with one or the other.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:13 pm

All depends on loyalty or money.
For me money savings will win

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”