Cairn Curran & Tullaroop

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Brownie

Cairn Curran & Tullaroop

Post by Brownie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi guys. Went for a fish today at Cairn Curran and Tullaroop. Slept in though and got a late start. Fished at Cairn Curran near the spillway gates, lake side. Not much was happening. Saw one skinny sickly looking fish a couple of pounds maybe sitting just under the surface. Dont know what it was, it dived when it saw me anyway, probably died and sank. Water had a few small green algae rafts floating but not excessive. There was none on the rocks and no smell. Water looked a bit murkier than its usual muddy appearance. I wasn't overly enthused so left after a fruitless hours casting.
You'll see the algae rafts in the pics.
CAIRN CURRAN 2.jpg
CAIRN CURRAN.jpg
To Tullaroop.
Water looked better but was a little murkier than my last visit. Last December it had a good 2+ meters visibility, today a murky 1.
Saw a number of turtles. Had a few hits on the T Tail, small taps really. :-D Then a hook up, sort of, a tiny redfin. Ah well was a fish and a first on the Aird X and Sedona.
Decided to have one more cast (which always ends up being a fisherman's one cast = 10) no joy and as the heat was kicking in I left. Fun anyway and beats sitting around.
Not a fishing report, unless you count seeing a sickly fish, catching a baby redfin and seeing turtles as such :-D
REDFIN.jpg
TURTLE.jpg
Cheers.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Cairn Curran & Tullaroop

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:09 pm

Nice report and pics mate :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:19 pm

Look like good condition
Good report

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:33 pm

Yeah more a water quality heads up, Cairn Currans at 39% and Tullaroop 45%. Im amazed they both are not full of algae to be honest, given the weather over the past 8 weeks.
I'll set the alarm next time and make sure I get up. :-D

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:16 pm

Brownie wrote: Not a fishing report, unless you count seeing a sickly fish, catching a baby redfin and seeing turtles as such :-D

Cheers.
It was a great report, and yes a fishing report at that , , , , even with the sickly fish , , , , that must now be ticked of the "To see list"

Always a good thing to get out and have a try, well done.

Cheers, Bugatti

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”