Eden projects

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Eden projects

Post by rb85 » Sun May 26, 2019 8:13 pm

This and if theres any potential benefit to recreational anglers.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-26/ ... e/11150808

If the Eden projects vision for Anglesea came to fruition would the old mine be able to be utilised as a stocked fishery? Same goes for other disused mine sites e.g. Hazelwood.

Bugatti

Re: Eden projects

Post by Bugatti » Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 pm

Very interesting rb

The whole concept (or being an open cut mine , , , , the hole concept) states "Eco" so it doesn't give the notion of fishing but more of , , , , let's see and feed the fishies.

The thing I take out of that media release is the rehabilitation of an old mine site AND it also states there are thousands of mine sites that it could work for , , , ,

My take on that is , , , ,

Why the heck aren't these mining companies held to account on rehabilitating their mines themselves , , , , they caused the problem by taking out millions & millions of dollars of resource and pocketing the profits , , , , get them to foot the bill , , , , it should always have been priority of the Governments to make sure that that happened at the mining companies cost , , , , AND hold/asking for a 'Bond" of the cost of rehabilitation before the mining companies start mining AND before they declare bankrupt after running off with the millions in proceeds for themselves and the shareholders.

Notwithstanding my rant , , , ,

It is a good idea though

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Eden projects

Post by Texas » Mon May 27, 2019 2:47 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:02 pm
Very interesting rb

The whole concept (or being an open cut mine , , , , the hole concept) states "Eco" so it doesn't give the notion of fishing but more of , , , , let's see and feed the fishies.

The thing I take out of that media release is the rehabilitation of an old mine site AND it also states there are thousands of mine sites that it could work for , , , ,

My take on that is , , , ,

Why the heck aren't these mining companies held to account on rehabilitating their mines themselves , , , , they caused the problem by taking out millions & millions of dollars of resource and pocketing the profits , , , , get them to foot the bill , , , , it should always have been priority of the Governments to make sure that that happened at the mining companies cost , , , , AND hold/asking for a 'Bond" of the cost of rehabilitation before the mining companies start mining AND before they declare bankrupt after running off with the millions in proceeds for themselves and the shareholders.

Notwithstanding my rant , , , ,

It is a good idea though
I only know how it works (or doesn't) in Queensland. (I think NT is the same)
Miners pay royalties to the Queensland government mines department .
Once the mine shuts, it's up to the mines department to "clean up".
A mine shut after only 5 years of operation and left a huge environmental mess.
On checking the department's records, it was found that no inspection of the site had ever been done.
Once a miner pollutes the great artesian basin, northern Australia will be buggerred
Adni could quite easily do it & the Prime Minister is pushing for it to go ahead.
Unbiased Gra (not)
Stay wolk

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”