Eighth consecutive fishless trip!!!!

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Rod Bender

Eighth consecutive fishless trip!!!!

Post by Rod Bender » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi All
What can I say? Went for a quick redfin session in the local channel today for zero results! Only fished for about 20 minutes which isn't long but generally, I find at this location if there is no action early the fish aren't going to cooperate. Not even a follow! My mate was with me as well and he had no luck so that made me feel better. I was using a small black and red spinnerbait whilst he tried soft plastics and Rapala CD'3s.
So this takes my fishless trip run up to 8!!!!! This has taken place over the last 6 - 8 weeks.
What is concerning is at least 3 of these trips were bait fishing in carp infested waters! So what am I going to do about it? Some hot weather coming up over the next week which I have no intentions of going out in. Time to give my gear a bit of a clean and basic service and then go again next week. Try some new spots, both bait fishing and lure fishing trying to achieve my goal of a yella on a lure and a cod off the surface. I survived the end of the world a week or two ago so I'm not going to let this little hiccup get the better of me! Personal motivation rant over!!!
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Eighth consecutive fishless trip!!!!

Post by CarlG » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Jim, we all go through it mate..I`ve had nightmare`s at times, you`ve just got to keep at it..it will change around..

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:49 pm

join the club Jim. I'm having the same problem around here too.I haven't fished the Murray since march and I won't be there till school starts again.sure to get a carp at least then.
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:56 pm

you will get them soon.

at least you got to wet a line. last time I saw water outside my place was Dec 23.....
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Keep at it Jim. I don't even count my fish less trips because I'm just looking forward to the next one being a catch :thumbsup:
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

Post by rogs » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:36 pm

i slowdown for a while then go again later it's not the end of the world that's fishing Jim...cheers :thumbsup:

Breamster

Post by Breamster » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 am

Hi Jim, I knew friends who been to Shep few times last 1-2 mths and bagged out each time on yellas. I don't know where they fished, but hey said its around 15 mins north of Shep.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 am

Breamster wrote:Hi Jim, I knew friends who been to Shep few times last 1-2 mths and bagged out each time on yellas. I don't know where they fished, but hey said its around 15 mins north of Shep.
I know of better spots but just have problems accessing them due to bad knees (my spots I fish on the river are heavily fished) - that is half my problem but I'm not too worried about the whole thing. There are things I can do to improve my situation.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am

Good on you Jim for persisting and not giving up. Your turn to bag a few fish is so close now. Good luck.. :cheers: Jim...

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:13 pm

Persistance jim!! This is the Fishers way of getting back at you for all th d amazing advice you given me.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”