Laanecoorie Reservoir

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
smiffy

Laanecoorie Reservoir

Post by smiffy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Hello all,

The family and I are thinking of trying Laanecoorie Reservoir over Melbourne Cup weekend. I can't find many old reports on here. Does anyone fish here? Any info would be great.

Smiffy

foggybottom

Re: Laanecoorie Reservoir

Post by foggybottom » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:22 am

Geez! Its been a while, we used to fish there a bit when I was a kid. I remember catching redfin a fish a cast next to the reservoir wall, on worms, but we we're kids so we didn't mind catching a billion tiny ones. There are some big carp in there as well and I've seen people pull up after trolling with trout in the boat as well.

I reckon the biggest redfin we would have pulled out of there as kids would have been around the 20cm mark, but there were alot around that size and smaller (But i'm talking 15-18years ago, so who knows what goes on there now).

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:48 pm

I fished it a couple of years ago after the floods had filled the reservoir, but carp was all I could catch.Must be reddies, yella belly and silver bream from Cairn Curran in there now.fished the loddon at Laanecoorietownship on Anzac Day for a couple carp.Others have caught yella belly and cod here.nice camping spot just below the bridge , toilet block and boat ramp there also.

If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

smiffy

Post by smiffy » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm

The river looks ok from that photo. I've read about the camping reserve. Will head up for a look closer to November when the temperature rises a bit.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”