Swan Hill fishing trip results

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
mike

Swan Hill fishing trip results

Post by mike » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:32 pm

HI my family and I had a great time in Victoria fishing, we caught 20 young carp :x and it seemed to be alotof carp there. The weird thing was we had to get a NSW fishing licence to fish on the VIC side of the river, but the kids hada ball. Next trip I want to do is head to Lake Eilden area for our next fishing trip. :cheers:

shazdoggg

Re: Swan Hill fishing trip results

Post by shazdoggg » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Last edited by shazdoggg on Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:25 am

shazdoggg is right the murray is nsw water so a nsw licence is needed,the only exception is lake hume (near albury) which can be fished with a vic licence. This change come about some years ago as for awhile on hume & mulwala you needed both licences depending on where you where fishing in the lake. It was decided that mulwala would fall under nsw reg's & hume vic reg's to make it a bit easier to understand.

Oldmanriver

Post by Oldmanriver » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 pm

mike wrote:HI my family and I had a great time in Victoria fishing, we caught 20 young carp :x and it seemed to be alotof carp there. The weird thing was we had to get a NSW fishing licence to fish on the VIC side of the river, but the kids hada ball. Next trip I want to do is head to Lake Eilden area for our next fishing trip. :cheers:
Mike, the next time that you want to visit Swan Hill for a fish & not wanting a NSW fishing licence, you could fish, "the Little Murray River", of which is an annabranch of the main Murray River, but is Victorian water/ river. It is the river that surrounds Pental Island on the southern side with the main Murray to the north, so you only need your Vic licence to fish it :D .

You can catch the same types of fish as the main Murray, with the bonus of catfish & reddies, of which normally don't frequent the main Murray because of the fast flow. I fished the Little Murray a fortnight ago directly behind the Pioneer Settlement attraction & nailed stacks of carp of all sizes plus a few really nice hard fighting silver perch.
There has been a trickle of reports of even some yellas being caught in there of late & even the odd murray cod.

Failing fishing the Little Murray, the Kerang Lakes have enjoyed pretty good fishing with all types of fish, even really good sized reddies in Lake Boga & Lake Charm. Kangaroo Lake has seen yellas & cod being caught of late & all of this is Victorian fishing :thumbsup:
Cheers oldmanriver (John)

The best things in life you just have to BAIT for ;) :)
My missus ran away with my best fishing buddy... Geez I miss him!

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”