Fishing shows on Australian TV

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here

Favourite fishing shows on Australian TV?

IFish with Paul Worstelling
18%
Hooked with Dave Butfield
1%
Mark Berg's Fishing Addiction
4%
YouFishTV
7%
River to Reef
1%
The Ultimate Fishing Show
1%
Hooked
1%
Extreme fishing with Robson Green
14%
Monster Fish
1%
Fishin' Trip with Jason Kennedy
2%
Fishing Western Australia
1%
ET Fishing escapes
2%
Hook Line and Sinker
6%
Adventure Bound
23%
Rex Hunt's Fishing Adventures
5%
Sharkville
No votes
River Monsters
9%
Sharkmen
No votes
Deadliest Catch
2%
Other (Please Specify)
4%

Total votes: 195

slotzz

Re: Fishing shows on Australian TV

Post by slotzz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:13 am

Sarg-79- wrote:Anyone got a link to Benos vids??
Find a post by Beno in this thread & follow the Youtube link in his signature :thumbsup:

tommyp

Post by tommyp » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:23 am

Adventure Bound is by far the most informative show , at least they dont rely on a charter to put them on the fish ,I dont like the shows where all they do is wind in one fish after another without at least showing methods , bait , rigs etc..

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:42 am

I mostly watch IFISH which isn't too bad, especially the episodes that feature his missus! And I like the shows such as River Monsters, Deadliest Catch, Sharkmen etc but don't really count them as fishing shows. But I was a massive fan of Rex Hunts Fishing Adventures back in the day.

IMO in his time Rex did more to introduce my generation to good fishing habbits (bag & size limits, catch and release etc etc) than Fisheries could ever hope to achieve. And on top of that he was a premiership player for the mighty Tigers. :victory:

There is also another show that I like, which I haven't seen for a while, that was hosted by a bloke called Mika or something similar. That was a great show too.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Sarg-79-

Post by Sarg-79- » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:53 pm

slotzz wrote:
Sarg-79- wrote:Anyone got a link to Benos vids??
Find a post by Beno in this thread & follow the Youtube link in his signature :thumbsup:
Cool thanks for that :) most of the time I'm on my phone in tapa talk so I don't see the sigs.

And back in my teens it was all about Rex! He comes into my work occasionally and it's always when I'm not there!! I've been hangin to see him.

huskie

Post by huskie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:06 pm

Adventure Bound for sure, Lee shows the basics behind fishing that paul @ IFISH and Mark W don't show on their shows... i learn so much more from Lee than i have ever learnt from IFISH.

Had to rig up TIVO in another room just to record the CH31, can't believe its not on a normal channel.
"A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it"
- William Feather

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:31 am

What you guys were saying about tackle world before, Messiah went in to cranbourne tackleworld and ssked the guy is they had any salted pilchards. The guy replied "what are salted pilchards"....

That guy jason kennedy does my head in. I watch every fishing show there is except the ones he is in.
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

FirelineFanatic

Post by FirelineFanatic » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:20 am

I like just about any fishing show, I reckon Ifish is pretty good (judging by the name, I'd be surprised to find out they're not sponsored by Apple lol). My standout favourite is River Monsters with Jeremy Wade. No sponsor ads, no frothing on about nothing and no bull. Plus he fishes some amazing places, like the Amazon. He's serious about what he does, and the show is riveting IMO. It's sort of like an underwater CSI lol. And he's usually in life threatening danger from either the locals or the animals, and he's not afraid to jump in a piranha filled river or snorkel with 20ft+ anacondas in the name of science and research. He's tough as nails with some of the stuff he does too. The show gets an A+++++++ from me. :thumbsup:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:13 am

Master-pro wrote:What you guys were saying about tackle world before, Messiah went in to cranbourne tackleworld and ssked the guy is they had any salted pilchards. The guy replied "what are salted pilchards"....

That guy jason kennedy does my head in. I watch every fishing show there is except the ones he is in.
Thats no good in a tackle store...they need to have some idea.
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Tyler

Post by Tyler » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 am

Can't go past All4Adventure, it's not strictly a fishing show but fishing does seem to take up a good 60-70% of it and some of the sh*t they do is nuts.

I can't stand Ifish, Paul annoys the crap out of me and it's just too much pushing his products!

Larksy88

Post by Larksy88 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:55 am

Lee Rayners Fishing Edge for me

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”