Southern Port Phillip Bay

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Southern Port Phillip Bay

Post by smile0784 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:14 pm

If you want to launch from eastern side of the bay on a Tuesday or Wednesday ill be keep to head out threw the rip again

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:53 pm

The area around Prince George bank is pretty good. The drop off and out to 20 odd mt depth just look at your chart plotter for good looking contours and sound around. I have a Haines 650 called days like this you will find me most of this summer around portarlington

Chaba

Post by Chaba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:29 pm

smile0784 wrote:If you want to launch from eastern side of the bay on a Tuesday or Wednesday ill be keep to head out threw the rip again
Thanks very much for the offer smile but unfortunately I'm back to work on Monday and won't have another chance till the weekend.

Chaba

Post by Chaba » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Nude up wrote:The area around Prince George bank is pretty good. The drop off and out to 20 odd mt depth just look at your chart plotter for good looking contours and sound around. I have a Haines 650 called days like this you will find me most of this summer around portarlington
Cheers nude up. Nice boat the 650! I'll keep an eye out for you. As per the photo I put up, mine's a Bar Crusher 560c named Wildfish.
Had a good afternoon out today once the wind dropped off. The wife and I both bagged out on calamari in 2 hours just north of The Ozone wreck at Indented Head. That's the bait and a few feeds taken care of for a while.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:39 pm

A heads up for Clifton Springs boat ramp.
Many boats still getting bogged momentarily at the entrance, especially at low tide.
Here is one from Sunday, slow tide 0.3m
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cb3.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Thanks for the heads up mate :thumbsup:

Chaba

Post by Chaba » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks Pedro!

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:11 pm

Thanks Pedro it's a real pity the entrance is so shallow it's a great facility. I am hoping the point Richards rd ramp is open soon that's my Local when down the bellarine, although I have had to get out and push very early one morning when I cut the corner

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:57 pm

Pedro wrote:A heads up for Clifton Springs boat ramp.
Many boats still getting bogged momentarily at the entrance, especially at low tide.
Here is one from Sunday, slow tide 0.3m
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cb3.jpg
That needs dredging out like they do at werrible south

Chaba

Post by Chaba » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:11 pm

Nude up wrote:Thanks Pedro it's a real pity the entrance is so shallow it's a great facility. I am hoping the point Richards rd ramp is open soon that's my Local when down the bellarine, although I have had to get out and push very early one morning when I cut the corner
Hi Nude up. I just received an email from Bellarine Bayside to say that the Pt Richards ramp is open again as of today. It didn't state whether or not they'd done any dredging as part of the carpark project but I'm keen to hear so if you use it before I do next.

Return to “Melbourne Fishing Reports - Port Phillip Bay and Mornington Peninsula”