CAR / BOAT WASH LOCATIONS WITH MARINE FLUSH

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Re: CAR / BOAT WASH LOCATIONS WITH MARINE FLUSH

Post by sturgeon » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Mattblack wrote:I've got the mid-ranged Karcher 1800psi. It seems to be powerful enough for cleaning the boat and most household needs (pavers, outdoor furniture, etc) but I wouldn't want to go any smaller. Still struggles to get baked on pilchard off though (I think a sandblaster would struggle with baked on pilchard)
*It's not perfect, but is saves a lot of water compared to a normal hose.
Thank you.

I was thinking of getting the $100+ karcher from bunnings.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-140 ... r_p6270694
Its 1400psi and has wheels. I wonder if it matters. There is even a $99 karcher without wheels.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-140 ... r_p6270693

So the gelcoat should be OK with a pressure washer right?

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:15 am

They are pretty good for general cleaning, they are kind of on par with the coin operated ones at the carwash so most surfaces are safe (and you can adjust the pressure) I always give mine a quick soap scrub before the pressure wash (the boat is painted & bare aluminium)...if you read through other posts, everyone has different routines when it comes to washing/flushing boats & trailers.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:39 am

I have the kartcher 1400w k2 and its good amd you can adjust the pressure with the nossle.

All depends how intense you are and how new you want to keep the boat looking.

A soapy wash after each use.will.keep it shinner longer but i had boats for 8 yeara now and been on boats for 25 years and if only just salt water in them a quick hose off with fresh water is fine.
If its blood and guts or squid ink on it the boat gets a soap wash and good clean

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 am

sturgeon wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
sturgeon wrote:Sorry if I'm hijacking. But I wonder what power of pressure washer would be good enough to wash a glass boat? Need some advice on whether to get one and which to get. Thanks.
do you have to wash your boat at home??
why dont you do it at the carwash, the equipment there is generally powerfull enough.
Unless of course you boat is moored, or sits on a dry dock etc.
Even if it's moored and put on the trailer or slip.
A high pressure was should be able to clean any muck off.
Yah. It's easier to wash at home. So was thinking if I need a pressure washer. Right now, just using spray hose and good old hand mitten to wash it.
Ok fair enough, i generally try to wash the boat and flush it prior to coming home, so that i dont make a big noise and **** my neighbours off.

any decent pressure washer should be able to do the job for you.
one thing i would recomend you do is actually buy the model with the longest hose.
most if all come with 3m-5m hose length, this is bugger all when wanting to reach around tight areas or stretch to cover ground, its gets annoying real fast.
buy the one with the longest hose you can afford.
also i have a special foam gun attachment on mine (not the shitty ones that actually come with some from factory) they can spray foam and cover the whole car/boat which will save you having to soap the car/boat down as well
i paid about $99 for mine about 4-5years back, they are a lot cheaper now.

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Post by sturgeon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:32 am

purple5ive wrote:
sturgeon wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
sturgeon wrote:Sorry if I'm hijacking. But I wonder what power of pressure washer would be good enough to wash a glass boat? Need some advice on whether to get one and which to get. Thanks.
why dont you do it at the carwash, the equipment there is generally powerfull enough.
Yah. It's easier to wash at home. So was thinking if I need a pressure washer. Right now, just using spray hose and good old hand mitten to wash it.
Ok fair enough, i generally try to wash the boat and flush it prior to coming home, so that i dont make a big noise and p1ss my neighbours off.

one thing i would recomend you do is actually buy the model with the longest hose.
most if all come with 3m-5m hose length, this is bugger all when wanting to reach around tight areas or stretch to cover ground, its gets annoying real fast.
also i have a special foam gun attachment on mine (not the shitty ones that actually come with some from factory) they can spray foam and cover the whole car/boat which will save you having to soap the car/boat down as well
Thanks for the tip on the hose length and foam attachment.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:19 am

purple5ive wrote:
sturgeon wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Ok fair enough, i generally try to wash the boat and flush it prior to coming home, so that i dont make a big noise and p1ss my neighbours off.

Did you buy the foam gun seperate or was it part of a deal with the machine?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:11 am

Seperate mate.
Thoight i mentioned that. But might not have been clear.
The foaming attchment itself cost $99 might be nore cheaper these days.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:27 am

Here's what they do.
If seen some for $16.99 on amazon so maybe see if they will ship to australia. I paid $99 a good 5 years ago when tbey just started to come out.

You can use them to wash garage doors, windows and doors externally as well. Plus cars, boats, caravans and whatever else you can think of that will benefit from a good foam bath.

The foam actually sticks for a while depending on what brand soap wash you put into it. And also removes surface dust that can scratch paintwork.
I used to own a car that i meticulously detailed and took to car shows so this foam canon was used a lot.
These days i use it for all the above mentioned.

https://youtu.be/kyD6F7Ljw-o

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:31 am

And here's the cheap ones you get with some brands in the box and the difference between them and a proper foam lance /canon

https://youtu.be/a40O0el_A00

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:14 pm

Stick your green shed special edition (can't use their bull ******* price match with the overpriced special model number!) that doesn't even have a hose reel when you can get 7m hose length AND a reel for $200 ($179 special right now). https://www.husqvarna.com/au/products/p ... 967676403/ That's atleast $100 less than similar spec bunnings karcher or gerni....

Bunnings can be good, but **** me they have the lazy shoppers by the balls and love ramming it up the date without lube

Return to “Boating”