Port welshpool round 2

Born2fish

Re: Port welshpool round 2

Post by Born2fish » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Hosery wrote:Good catch there. Always wanted to head to Welshpool for a fish. 1day I’ll get there. Any reason as to why you don’t bleed the gummys? They don’t even look gutted.
Hey mate there gutted and bled I do it the proper way mate I use to work in fish game to bleed a gummy right u put the knife threw the gills to cut main artier turn Em up side down do a small skit under the jaw so heart pumps blood out not long after gut Em ice Em right away in a ice slurry

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Nude up wrote:Nice bag
Cheers buddy

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:18 am

Born2fish wrote:
Hosery wrote:Good catch there. Always wanted to head to Welshpool for a fish. 1day I’ll get there. Any reason as to why you don’t bleed the gummys? They don’t even look gutted.
Hey mate there gutted and bled I do it the proper way mate I use to work in fish game to bleed a gummy right u put the knife threw the gills to cut main artier turn Em up side down do a small skit under the jaw so heart pumps blood out not long after gut Em ice Em right away in a ice slurry
So is cutting tjem behind the head the wrong way?

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:15 am

Mate you should have let me know you were comin down, the kings were going nuts out at the islands on Saturday, you could’ve caught any amount topwater. No big ones but good fun nevertheless, we caught and released about 50 between us on stickbaits and jigs!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:21 am

scott__henning wrote:Mate you should have let me know you were comin down, the kings were going nuts out at the islands on Saturday, you could’ve caught any amount topwater. No big ones but good fun nevertheless, we caught and released about 50 between us on stickbaits and jigs!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(
OMFG im going to smash my screen now..

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:15 pm

Born2fish wrote:
My bad. All good that’s the go. I was thinking gee they will eat average. I’m surprised at the amount of people I see pull up at the ramp with sharks not bled.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm

scott__henning wrote:Mate you should have let me know you were comin down, the kings were going nuts out at the islands on Saturday, you could’ve caught any amount topwater. No big ones but good fun nevertheless, we caught and released about 50 between us on stickbaits and jigs!
Would have been awesome fun :thumbsup:

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Really? Everyone we spoke to got none ah well next week I'm going if u are let me know

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:02 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :( :(
OMFG im going to smash my screen now..
Lol

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Born2fish wrote:
Really? Everyone we spoke to got none ah well next week I'm going if u are let me know
Yeah there was only one other boat with us on Saturday, all the other boats disappeared pretty quickly and then they came on.

I’m hoping to get out on the weekend again yeah. They’ll definitely be a few boats out there this weekend though haha

Return to “Gippsland Fishing Reports”