Led IDIOTS rant

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Led IDIOTS rant

Post by Trumpeter » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:59 am

I was out at St Leonards early Sat morning for the 3am tide change and to miss the crowds. It was a beautiful night with the full moon until a boat came up 50m behind me and put on enough forward pointing Led's to light up half a footy oval. They shone straight into my face, almost making my eyes water, I pointed every light and torch I had back at them but they didn't notice or care. Luckily they may have seen the "F--- You" I was flashing them in Morse code and they pulled anchor and slowly drifted away. All these high powered lights people are using now can be bloody rude and also a possible navigational hazard. :down:

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Led IDIOTS rant

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:10 am

Trumpeter wrote:I was out at St Leonards early Sat morning for the 3am tide change and to miss the crowds. It was a beautiful night with the full moon until a boat came up 50m behind me and put on enough forward pointing Led's to light up half a footy oval. They shone straight into my face, almost making my eyes water, I pointed every light and torch I had back at them but they didn't notice or care. Luckily they may have seen the "F--- You" I was flashing them in Morse code and they pulled anchor and slowly drifted away. All these high powered lights people are using now can be bloody rude and also a possible navigational hazard. :down:
Even worse, trying to navifgate the patto, on they have all their decklights on.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:11 am

:down:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Bloody idiots

wem21
Has liked: 42 times

Post by wem21 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:35 pm

I feel like you want enough light to be able to tell people youre there, but not to tell people youre there by BLINDING them

KgWhiting

Post by KgWhiting » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:53 pm

They seem to be on more and more boats these days. St leonards was very busy on Saturday boats everywhere catch much?

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:10 pm

Yeah it was crazy there on Saturday, it's why I go at night and come in early, even heard there was a punch up at the ramp. Kgw were hard for me to find, got a nice 40cm fish and that was it but picked 5 good flatties up to 50cm, a few Scad I released and half a doz squid. Could've easily got 10 but wanted to get out before it got to chaotic.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Trumpeter wrote:Yeah it was crazy there on Saturday, it's why I go at night and come in early, even heard there was a punch up at the ramp. Kgw were hard for me to find, got a nice 40cm fish and that was it but picked 5 good flatties up to 50cm, a few Scad I released and half a doz squid. Could've easily got 10 but wanted to get out before it got to chaotic.
Nice kgw and flatties :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Trumpeter wrote:Yeah it was crazy there on Saturday, it's why I go at night and come in early, even heard there was a punch up at the ramp. Kgw were hard for me to find, got a nice 40cm fish and that was it but picked 5 good flatties up to 50cm, a few Scad I released and half a doz squid. Could've easily got 10 but wanted to get out before it got to chaotic.
Good effort mate

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:33 pm

Trumpeter pickup a ultrafire led torch on ebay they will know when you point it in there direction to tame there lights down

Return to “Boating”