Re: squidgies bio tough

Post by dazz999 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:03 pm

dazz999 wrote:keitechs easy shiners are awesome
but yeah dont take much punishment

tbcha1
Has liked: 12 times

Post by tbcha1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:06 am

Tim399 wrote:Savage gear also had a “soft plastic kit” that came with a combo from bcf for $99. They were so weak I could break them when rolling them in between my index finger and thumb. Also the jig heads they came with bent easily. I threw them all in the bin without even attaching one (plastic or jighead) to my line. The plastic material seems much weaker than any other savage plastic I have held. I think the kit is available for about $20 but it’s not worth the container your left with after throwing all the crap out

I would have taken those off your hands!! you are right about the Savage SP being weak but i did really well with the savage pro grub on the weekend. Caught 4 pinkies in 4 casts. Ended up going through around 4 of them but caught a few pinkies with them. They did tear a bit after each catch but so were other lures like berkleys & squidgys were getting ripped as well that day.

Anthony M

Post by Anthony M » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:33 am

I mostly use Munroe's Soft Plastics. The paddle tails have great action and a quite durable. The motor oil colour is very effective on snapper and flatties. I would also recommend the Ziptail Worms in Caramel Eclair for chasing big snapper and flatties.

They're also reasonably priced and made here in Vic by a small business.

Tim399
Has liked: 251 times

Post by Tim399 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:12 pm

tbcha1 wrote:
Tim399 wrote:Savage gear also had a “soft plastic kit” that came with a combo from bcf for $99. They were so weak I could break them when rolling them in between my index finger and thumb. Also the jig heads they came with bent easily. I threw them all in the bin without even attaching one (plastic or jighead) to my line. The plastic material seems much weaker than any other savage plastic I have held. I think the kit is available for about $20 but it’s not worth the container your left with after throwing all the crap out

I would have taken those off your hands!! you are right about the Savage SP being weak but i did really well with the savage pro grub on the weekend. Caught 4 pinkies in 4 casts. Ended up going through around 4 of them but caught a few pinkies with them. They did tear a bit after each catch but so were other lures like berkleys & squidgys were getting ripped as well that day.
I probably should’ve posted them up on here for free. Pinkies are good fun on sp :thumbsup: i almost only use zman now, very durable and have great action

Return to “Soft Plastics & Lures”