Locate a Good Fushin spot

All topics related to fishing and angling in Victoria that don't fit into one of the other forum categories.
denis barden

Locate a Good Fushin spot

Post by denis barden » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:45 am

Fushin is like landscape Photography -Keep your eyes open and sus things out the day before
Look for the crappiest old boats,trailers and tow vehicles-These will be the locals,Most locals are 65yrs old plus -See where they fish as most of these guys talk to each other about fushin spots.
Most of the locals dont use a fishfinder/GPS unit-They still use marks
If you find a heap of boats fushin watch them -If they dont move much-Fish are on ,If there is a lot of movement look else where.
Not clean water is best as ive noticed that clear water in daylight hours sometimes put the fish off .On clear water days try to fish in deep water say 8-9 mtrs
When you got a spot if you catch banjos and puffers most of the time you in a good spot.
If you catch a fish and have to put it back into the water-DONT put it back at the back of the boat as he will frighten the school away-Chuck it out at the front of the boat as far as possible,Make sure you dont drop one off the hook at the back of the boat as he will spook the school.
If you Fush near people talking a lot about crap -These people Ive found are bored and dont catch much.
Chech Willy weather -Make sure the tide and wind are same way not opposing.
Try fishing at different distances from the boat
Make sure you fish in the berley trail always
Most of the time I fush alone-I use 3 rods to start 2 nibble tips and one smaller rod with a Circle hook that I put in close to berley pot.If the fish on I get down to 1 rod,Useing 2 rods when fish on -you loose too many.Less is more
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Locate a Good Fushin spot

Post by bowl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:26 am

Some classic stuff in there.

Only dennis

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:01 am

If your driving an old boat, you're retirement age & have a Greek accent, I'm going to shadow you all day old man!

one2three

Post by one2three » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:25 am

Great read and helpful info Dennis.

:)
Jack of all trades, Master of none

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:37 am

denis barden wrote:Fushin is like landscape Photography -Keep your eyes open and sus things out the day before
Look for the crappiest old boats,trailers and tow vehicles-These will be the locals,Most locals are 65yrs old plus -See where they fish as most of these guys talk to each other about fushin spots.
Most of the locals dont use a fishfinder/GPS unit-They still use marks
If you find a heap of boats fushin watch them -If they dont move much-Fish are on ,If there is a lot of movement look else where.
Not clean water is best as ive noticed that clear water in daylight hours sometimes put the fish off .On clear water days try to fish in deep water say 8-9 mtrs
When you got a spot if you catch banjos and puffers most of the time you in a good spot.
If you catch a fish and have to put it back into the water-DONT put it back at the back of the boat as he will frighten the school away-Chuck it out at the front of the boat as far as possible,Make sure you dont drop one off the hook at the back of the boat as he will spook the school.
If you Fush near people talking a lot about crap -These people Ive found are bored and dont catch much.
Chech Willy weather -Make sure the tide and wind are same way not opposing.
Try fishing at different distances from the boat
Make sure you fish in the berley trail always
Most of the time I fush alone-I use 3 rods to start 2 nibble tips and one smaller rod with a Circle hook that I put in close to berley pot.If the fish on I get down to 1 rod,Useing 2 rods when fish on -you loose too many.Less is more
Never let the truth get in the way of a good story
Once again some great advice Dennis.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Duffman

Post by Duffman » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:06 am

Or just follow Dennis :rofl:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:15 pm

Great advice

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Mattblack wrote:If your driving an old boat, you're retirement age & have a Greek accent, I'm going to shadow you all day old man!
Hey whats'a matter with you, ar shutta up your face.
You follow me again I fix you'a so good. mumma put the curse on you. :o_0:
I've'a seen you sneaking'a out fullowing'a me dont'a do that'a again OK'a

Return to “General”