Docklands 7-9-18

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Docklands 7-9-18

Post by smile0784 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:36 pm

purple5ive wrote:hahaha niceee. great work.
i need to get out there soon and chase some bream.
Didnt think you stipped mate just thought you havent had any luck lately lol

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:09 pm

I don't always fish for them mate contrary to the belief held on here lol. If I did I'd be a lot better at it .
I goi when I think I have half a chance of landing one that's all there is to it.
However in saying that last 2 troops to patto were donuts for me.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:24 pm

When you trying for snapper

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Not anytime soon. I'll wait till they start to fire up properly.. and then fight every man and his dog the for a fish..

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:00 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
I'm on a mission this year to target bream a bit more and get a few out of the maribyrnong river walking the banks on hard bodies and cranka crabs. We should tee up a session one day
yeah sounds likie a plan, ive never fished the nong yet so thats something i got to do.

Thats what I do! :) :-D

Live close to the nong. Just have to fish the high tide periods , when the fish are up closer to the bank.
An Sx40 works fairly well for me, I find the plastics get snagged too often when fishing landbased, unless you go 1/40oz and let it float back with the current.

Cranka Crabs are great, but after i got busted off the first time i tied one on, i decided not to throw them landbased.

Anywhere around Anglers Tavern, give me a shout and ill head down. Usually can combine , walking the dog and catching bream.
Sounds awesome mate. I got a few sx40s that are hanging to see water! When are your favorite times of year to fish the nong?

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:54 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
I'm on a mission this year to target bream a bit more and get a few out of the maribyrnong river walking the banks on hard bodies and cranka crabs. We should tee up a session one day
yeah sounds likie a plan, ive never fished the nong yet so thats something i got to do.

Thats what I do! :) :-D

Live close to the nong. Just have to fish the high tide periods , when the fish are up closer to the bank.
An Sx40 works fairly well for me, I find the plastics get snagged too often when fishing landbased, unless you go 1/40oz and let it float back with the current.

Cranka Crabs are great, but after i got busted off the first time i tied one on, i decided not to throw them landbased.

Anywhere around Anglers Tavern, give me a shout and ill head down. Usually can combine , walking the dog and catching bream.
Sounds awesome mate. I got a few sx40s that are hanging to see water! When are your favorite times of year to fish the nong?

Disclaimer: I am no Bream Expert. Got into it only last year.

Summer was amazing. Just time your fishing with the advent of high tide, if you get that with a sunset\sunrise , you are in for a ripper session.
IF all else fails, drop a bait in , lightly weighted prawn around dusk and you will struggle to keep a bait in the water.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Good job

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:44 pm

I’m givin the river a crack tomorrow! Haven’t tried in a while n the conditions suite my free time! I usually try anywhere from the angling club up to Edgewater lake my lure variety is a little low but I’m confident I can tempt one (famous last words) Anyone got a hot tip on colour choice? Got a savage minnow I’m thinking is gonna be the standout. Though last time I was there got a couple on a all black crank bait

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:00 pm

BIG GAV wrote:I’m givin the river a crack tomorrow! Haven’t tried in a while n the conditions suite my free time! I usually try anywhere from the angling club up to Edgewater lake my lure variety is a little low but I’m confident I can tempt one (famous last words) Anyone got a hot tip on colour choice? Got a savage minnow I’m thinking is gonna be the standout. Though last time I was there got a couple on a all black crank bait
I like anything green or brown for bream :thumbsup:
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:17 pm

I got some 3.5 finesse stumpy’s that are more on the natural side! I’d post a pic but I’m technologically illiterate n my photos are too big apparently

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”